A Multinational Broker based in the City of London is currently hiring a Group Financial Controller to join their team in London. This is a number 2 role and would suit someone from a Brokerage environment with a proven background in automating and improving processes and controls as well as strong ICARA / Tax / wider Financial Control experience.
· Managing the day-to-day finance department
· Working with the COO / Head of Finance /Directors on business strategy
· Approval of new business initiatives and driving the development of new products.
· Responsible for technical accounting of all entities and products, and producing annual financial statements and disclosures
· Preparation of VAT/Tax computations across all entities
· ICAAP/ICARA, NFA, MAS, AMF, DFSA, FINRA reporting
· Provision of MIS to the board, including producing monthly and 4 monthly revenue and expense reporting.
· Overall responsibility for the PnL and balance sheet.
· Production of monthly management reports and commentary
· Liaising with global auditors
· Qualified Accountant ACA/ACCA/CIMA
· Minimum 8 + years experience of FS services or similar industry
· Detailed and current knowledge of UK GAAP & Knowledge of LUX and US GAAP advantageous.
· Understanding of core aspects of regulatory exposure to a broking environment would be beneficial.
This role involves regular interaction and high visibility with internal senior stakeholders, so it is essential that you have strong stakeholder management and interpersonal skills. The role sits in a Finance team of 8 with a flat structure and would suit a hands-on Group Financial controller who is happy to drive processes and controls improvements within the business.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.