Global Investment Bank is currently searching for an experienced technical accountant to join their London team. This role reports directly to the Global Head of Accounting Policy and heavily geared towards providing accounting advisory to the business.
- Establish and maintain the Group's accounting policies and the related application guidance and ensures that they are applied in a consistent way on a global basis
- Leads the implementation of new and emerging IFRS accounting standards across the Group, engaging with multiple stakeholders across the Business, Functions and Risk.
- Key point of contact for external bodies, including regulators, standard setters as well as active involvement with industry bodies and the Group's auditors
- Provide accounting advisory support to the front office, country and business finance teams and Group functions
- Present advanced and innovative business-focused solutions to technical accounting issues
- Provides pro-active thought leadership to senior management by developing world-class accounting ideas and solutions
- Reviews and provides accounting opinions on significant transactions under IFRS
- Actively participate in the debate on accounting changes, through internal and external forums and the submission of comment letters on emerging accounting and reporting issues, enabling the Group to ensure these best represent the Group's position
- Provides training for the Global finance and businesses through interactive presentations and newsletters
- Currently working at VP level within an accounting policy & advisory function in another large bank or Senior Manager grade within a Big 4 Consultancy.
- Qualified Accountant (ACA or ACCA) with significant post qualified experience
- Expert and in-depth knowledge of IFRS and financial instruments accounting, with the ability to apply that knowledge at a practical level within banking
- Proven experience in providing accounting advisory to business stakeholders
- Strong process improvement skills
- Excellent academic background - minimum 2:1 or equivalent degree
This is high profile across the bank with global impact that will require regular interaction with key stakeholders across the group. It is therefore essential that you have excellent interpersonal skills. The company offers a hybrid flexible working environment with 2 days in the office and realistic career progression opportunities to a Director role in the future.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.