A growing travel/sports organisation are looking for a Financial Controller/Head of Finance to join their team based in Wimbledon. The role offers great commercial exposure and room for progression and will line manage and support the finance team.
- Full responsibility for preparing the annual budget in accordance with the strategic objectives. Ensure regular reporting and monitoring to the CEO and Senior Management Team (SMT) to manage the budget and control costs.
- Assist decision-making of the CEO and SMT and ensure all activities are financially and commercially robust and optimised, preparing and utilising comprehensive financial and commercial reports and proposals for business planning and commercial management activities.
- High involvement in preparing and report regular cashflow statements, making recommendations to control expenditure where necessary, and maximise return on cash balances in excess of operational needs.
- Ensure that the accounts team reporting is effective, timely and efficient in supporting other departments and the CEO.
- Responsible for preparation of the financial statutory accounts and final management accounts, Council approvals, the year-end audit, preparation of corporation tax computations and their submission, and all relevant HMRC processes and payments.
- Management development and delivery of financial control practices and policies as agreed by Council.
- Ensure payroll is compliant including the requirements of overseas locations with local or seconded staff.
- Fully Qualified Accountant with experience working as a Head of Finance/Financial Controller
- Solid academic background - minimum 2:1 degree from a leading university
- Enthusiasm and passionate about developing business and improving processes and reporting - extensive experience in cost centre and expenses management as well as business line development and reporting
- Strong IT skills including the management and development of financial systems
- Knowledge and experience within travel, tourism or hospitality - ideal
The role will involve daily interaction with key stakeholders and clients consequently, it is essential that you have exceptional interpersonal and communication skills. It is a great time to join the team as the company will be going through extensive growth and expansion.
If you are interested in this role, please apply below or contact me for more information.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.