Head of IT Operations (Programme Delivery)
City of London
£90,000 - £95,000 + Package
Global Insurance client based in the City is undergoing a large transformation programme and due to this they now require a Head of IT Operations to run the applications/ programme delivery function, this role reports into the group CIO.
You will be managing a team of PM's who will be working on various applications for a claims platform, they have about 3-40 high profile applications running at the same time so need someone who can run this operation and deliver the projects.
The main duties will include:
- Business relationship management and one-IT engagement model for designated business areas.
- Enhance relationships and manage stakeholder expectations through relevant and regular communications
- One stop-shop and trusted advisor for all IT services (run, build and change) to handle business needs by representing all services (Projects,Tooling,etc.)
- Lead and manage internal and external Project Managers
- Prior experience of successfully delivery using Agile and Waterfall management techniques.
- Project Management, including delivery of IT projects adhering to internal project methodologies.
- Identify and capture IT demand from business.
- Supporting the business in the definition and delivery of accurate and realistic benefit profiles.
- Financial Management and Performance Reporting of the assigned projects.
- Partner with BA/QA Manager, Head of Development and Head of IT Ops to deliver cradle-to-grave IT services with defined SLAs.
- Proactively managing workloads and competing priorities, taking appropriate action to address potential issues that could impact delivery and run.
- Provides coaching, mentoring, and leadership to the team. Develop and grows the Project Managers into a highly functioning, efficient, and effective team.
For this role you will need Insurance or London Markets experience, other sectors will not be considered.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.