The Infrastructure Architect will be leading the design, development, maintenance and governance of IT infrastructure across key domains (Datacentre, branch, network, office telephony, contact centre, end-user compute and cloud).
You will be a force within IT, conceptualising, designing, launching and driving future architectures, roadmaps, and technology standards.
You will build strong relationships with key stakeholders providing advice on infrastructure architecture, shaping strategic transformational solutions, and ensuring they meet the needs of the business, within the constraints of an outsourced hosting environment.
You will have good knowledge of designing, delivering and supporting complex IT systems, and experience as a thought leader within the infrastructure architecture domain. You will ensure that all solutions have the appropriate architecture assurance and adhere to the appropriate standards.
- Leading the development, application and maintenance of the infrastructure
- Helping to establish and manage a suite of architecture policies, standards and guidelines to ensure IT consistency across the UK.
- Providing infrastructure domain knowledge to the wider architecture community. Providing technical governance to ensure new solutions will inter-operate with existing solutions, and that they meet policy and the strategic direction.
- Providing infrastructure domain knowledge and consultancy support to the business and specific delivery programmes within the business.
- Identifying and assessing developments in the global technology marketplace to ensure it is kept abreast of relevant developments and in a position to exploit technology opportunities.
- Producing within the infrastructure architecture function to ensure that resources (technological, etc.) and processes are appropriate to the required standards of operation, cost-efficiency, best practice and performance.
- Energising within the infrastructure architecture team to ensure delivery of the required standards of excellence in service and performance and supporting your continued personal and professional development.
- Large scale programmes or Transformations
- Influence and negotiation at levels to secure business outcomes
- Commercial acumen in presenting strong business cases for change
- Strong technical skills background with ability to pitch opportunities appropriately.
- Experience in designing, delivering and supporting complex IT systems
- Experience in leading a team of domain architects, preferably across datacentre, branch IT, network, telephony, contact centre, end-user computer and cloud
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.