A leading global Financial Institution are looking to bring on board an IT Operational Risk Analyst.
Candidates MUST come from a Financial Services background and have worked in a IT Risk & Controls function.
The key responsibilities in this role wll be:
- Help develop and maintain a comprehensive policy framework for Risk Resilience in accordance with the Firm's Risk appetite ensuring that framework is fit for purpose and Business is in compliance with the policies
- Providing challenge to the Business on the risks associated with their BAU and Change activities
- Identifying the critical risks across cyber, IT infrastructure, operational controls, business continuity and default management, and proposing appropriate strategies to protect and recover from current and emerging risks
- Ensure recovery time from incidents is minimised, and data centers and disaster recovery plans are fit for purpose
- Provide second line challenge and oversight of information & cyber security
- Ensure that operational risks are identified, owned, measured, monitored, managed and reported to ensure that informed decisions can be taken
- Assesses the operational stability by analysing incident trends and root causes.
- Identify, develop and implement risk mitigation and monitoring tools to an appropriate level of detail to manage Group risk profile within appetite
- Maintain and improve the risk system for Risk Resilience
- Enhanced reporting to provide an executive focus on all material risks and controls
The ideal candidate will have:
- Demonstrable years of experience in the Financial Services industry in an Operational Risk role, with proven track record and excellent references
- Thorough background knowledge of Operational Risk and familiarity with recent trends
- Wider understanding of key Risk Management principles including credit and market risk
- Bachelor degree level or equivalent; Post-graduate degree a plus
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, good attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to drive and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to operate effectively within a team; being a team player
- Strategic thinker; ability to influence outcome
- Self-starter with a positive work attitude
Get in touch with Miguel Diaz at Eames Consulting now to apply or to discuss in further detail
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.