This is a global insurance company working in a broad range of sectors and offices in 180 countries. They offer a variety of services to insurance providers to mitigate the changing risks that today's modern world possess. They are now hiring an autonomous IT Security Engineer who would be a part of a greenfield security engineering programme to improve and develop the infrastructure of the security posture.
Some of the key responsibilities would include:
- Be able to identify, recommend, and implement corrective actions in response to security alerts, gaps and violations to ensure the companies risk surface is minimised
- To analyse and configure and continually improve other security systems and program components to meet security architecture requirements in a threat
- Communicating system changes and developments to internal and external parties to allow them to co-operate with changes.
- Use your knowledge or either IT Security or Systems Engineering to ensure that the environments are secure in this changing threat landscape.
The ideal IT security engineer will have ;
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or a related field, or the equivalent education and/or experience.
- CISSP, Security+ or SANS certification(s) preferred.
- Knowledge of industry accepted security architectures
- Have a clear understanding of both Cloud and on-prem technologies
- Good knowledge of various security tool, for example: Anti- malware protection, vulnerability scanners, threat intelligence and DDOS mitigation.
- Strong levels of emotional intelligence as you will need to be diplomatic and sensitive when dealing with internal and external stakeholders
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.