Securities Clearing Analysis Team
To provide business analysis for the securities clearing business line from a risk perspective as part of business led change projects, and ensure that changes to service(s) are fully assessed to enable a suitable solution to be developed. The business analyst will work closely with first line risk, IT development and test teams and perform testing to ensure that projects are effectively delivered.
Required skills and experience:
- Analyse the impact on risk management of new products and service enhancements for introduction into the securities clearing area.
- Liaise with product teams, IT and business operations areas to ensure that risk requirements are captured and documented as appropriate.
- Produce required project documentation (e.g. business requirements) outlining the business needs.
- Ensure that operational and external procedures are updated or produced as required.
- Work with colleagues to develop solutions, ensuring that they are effectively communicated to project stakeholders.
- Define test scenarios for user acceptance testing and other relevant test phases.
- Execute user acceptance testing and other relevant test phases, ensuring defects are raised appropriately.
- Ensure appropriate test documentation is reviewed and produced for all relevant test phases.
- Liaise with other stakeholders, both internal and external, to progress requirements into development phase.
- Perform training and ensure knowledge is transferred to staff.
- Build strong relationships with all key individuals within first line risk, product teams, operations and IT.
- Experience of working on large scale projects and conducting business analysis.
- Experience of producing business requirements documents.
- Experience of UAT, executing tests.
- Educated to university degree level.
- Good understanding of risk models, such as Value at Risk (VaR).
- Demonstrates good knowledge of fixed income and equities products.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good organisational skills and demonstrates the ability to work within and adhere to tight deadlines.
- Ability to use own initiative and of a pro-active nature.
- Experience of working in risk management.
Desired skills and experience:
- Some experience of functional specification for systems
- Knowledge of quality centre