My client is an international general insurance and reinsurance group specialising in commercial insurance.
Purpose of the Job:
The Lead BI Developer will be responsible for leading a team of developers that build and deliver the components of an effective data analytics and reporting architecture capable of meeting a wide range of financial and underwriting reporting/analytics needs. The BI Developer will;
- Work in an agile, proactive manner delivering high quality solutions in agreed timescales.
- Create reporting solutions in line with standards, architectural principles and practices.
- Design and develop ETL/ELT processes, data lakes, data warehouse databases, cubes, reports, dashboards.
- Designing and developing in-line with company reporting strategy and system architecture.
- Design and develop models and databases both relational and dimensional.
- Assess change impact assessment on live systems and processes
- Manage and mentor developers in the team
This role sits within the department of COO, IT, Architecture & Analysis and reports into the Data and Reporting Architect.
- Assess business requirements and build reporting solutions to meet business needs
- Lead the build of the components of the data lake/MI/BI architecture
- Follow Brit best practices, standards and design principles
- Assist in developing standards for data lakes, data ingestion, data access layers and BI solutions
- Ensure that adequate steps are taken to protect data
- Update job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art platforms, tools and techniques
- Ensure that all new BI/MI requirements are met using the most appropriate architecture components
- Design appropriate BI/MI solutions to meet business needs
- Lead and guide development on BI/MI solutions as required by the Data and Reporting Architect.
Skills & Knowledge
- Strong SQL skills
- Microsoft SQL Server or Azure SQL DB
- Kimball data modelling
- Proven ability of BI software development including database / reporting development, full development cycle
- Software development including database / reporting development, full development cycle
- Strong data modelling, problem solving, information analysis, attention to detail, flexibility of approach
- The ability to deal directly with business functions and interpret their thoughts into successful reporting solutions
- The ability to design and develop complex BI/MI solutions in line with agreed architectural principles and toolsets.
- Capable of working closely with the business and delivering complex requirements to tight timescales.
- Up to date knowledge of latest BI technologies and trends in the BI/MI industry
- Experience of team leadership
- Knowledge of London market insurance
- Experience in the build of data warehouse, data lake and/or other reporting/analytics projects
- Experience of cloud architectures and solutions, especially Azure
- Experience working with financial systems and business processes
- Agile development techniques (SCRUM, Kanban etc)
- Azure Data Lake Storage, Analysis Services (Multidimensional/Tabular), Power BI, Azure Data Factory, Azure Databricks/Spark, Python, MDX, DAX, SSIS, SSRS
- Azure DevOps
We are looking for an individual who can focus on getting things done. With ongoing heavy investment in these projects and the broader IT space, there will be lots to do - the successful candidate will be someone who can handle that.
At work you will be expected to act with due skill, care and diligence while maintaining professional integrity and pay due regard to the interests of customers, treat them fairly and act in proper standards of market conduct. You will need to be open and co-operative with Lloyd's of London, the FCA, the PRA, and other regulators.
You will be joining a small, highly collaborative and friendly team. Based in the city centre, you'll be in a modern building, well designed office with a great canteen. This doesn't come with quite the same level of corporate stiffness however, as the company has traded in the 'suited and booted' approach for something more 'dress for the day you have'.
Finally, if you're interested, we won't drag out the interviews - this is going to be a 2 stage process and the client want to move quickly. So if you think this could be for you, don't hesitate, apply now! Alternative get in touch directly
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.