My client, one of the world's largest insurance companies, is looking for a Lead Data Engineer (Tech Lead) to join their central Data Management team and deliver a new Azure data platform. This insurer specialises in commercial and personal property, casualty insurance, personal accident and health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance. They have offices in the UK, Europe, US, Asia, Australia and more. They are in the midst of a digital and data drive and are investing heavily in resources.
The successful Lead Data Engineer will:
- Build an understanding of the data and information requirements of BI stakeholder
- Craft and develop the schemas and ETL processes for the transformation into the SQL Data Warehouse
- Provide technical leadership in the use of Microsoft Azure platform for Business Intelligence
- Define and implement best practices for BI delivery on the Azure platform including sophisticated performance optimisation
The successful Lead Data Engineer will likely have:
- Experience with Data Warehouse, ETL & BI platforms, with a deep understanding of DW strategy, architecture and structures
- Experience working on onshore offshore model
- Good understanding of NoSQL DB/Cosmos and experience crafting document schema, devising partitioning & indexing strategy, querying document collection
- Experience in high-level languages like C# or Python is nice to have
If this looks like an interesting role to you, apply now!
Keywords: Insurance, Data, Data warehouse, Database, Cloud, Insurance, Tech Lead, Azure, Spark, NoSQL, C#, Python, Data lakes, Data Factory, DataBricks, Data Engineer, ETL, BI, Business Intelligence
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.