As a business facing function this team will focus specifically on our European and Asia territories. Core responsibilities for this team include managing regulatory communications and dialogue, lobbying for maintenance or improvement of trading rights - including negotiation of new licences - and monitoring and responding to legislative and regulatory developments.
Key elements to the role include
- Develop New Licences/trading rights: manage regulatory aspects and negotiations for new licence acquisition. Provide regulatory input and expertise to support the development of global market access strategies and models.
- Build International Operational Model: In collaboration with other related functions, manage regulatory projects/initiatives and give input to the Market Development
- Defend Licences/trading rights: Monitor and respond to regulatory threats to defend existing trading rights and lobby for sustained or improved trading rights, deliver and implement regulatory projects/initiatives that have impact on our global business.
- Regulatory Complaints and Non-compliance issues: Support the Compliance team to manage our response to problems arising from non-compliance and breaches of international regulations.
- International Regulatory Relations: Develop and maintain relationships and credibility with international regulators and support international representatives in their communications with regulators.
- International Compliance Guidance: Support the International Trading Advice team to deliver thought leadership and clear guidance on international regulatory requirements.
- Investigations case work: Support the Investigation and Standards Assurance process resulting from international regulatory non-compliance and other issues creating international regulatory risk.
- Contribute to the management of the IRD team and support the wider department to secure diverse talent/plan succession and help to ensure staff are developed/coached to acquire the necessary skills for their current roles, to support business needs and to fulfil their career potential. Make recommendations for reward, remuneration, succession planning, recruitment and exits and ensure that appraisals, training, development plans and other HR related requirements are completed.
- Key stakeholder relationship management: support the management of relationships between IRA and key stakeholders, including regulators, auditors, market associations and participants, key service-providers, international offices and Corporation departments.
Prior experience and skills required
- Influencing & negotiating skills across industry and profession
- Thought leadership/public advocacy skills within and across global industry
- Multiple stakeholder management and effective networking skills
- Complex business/regulatory issue or problem analysis and resolution skills
- Driving change and innovation skills
- Ability to manage complex/large projects and initiatives
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Team leadership, coaching and people management skills
- Knowledge of international regulatory environment, regimes and requirements
- Insurance market knowledge including London & International Markets
- Knowledge of financial and business processes in the insurance industry
- Knowledge of legal principles and their application in a commercial environment
- Knowledge of corporate governance principles and structures
- Experience of managing teams
- Experience of managing stakeholder's globally across a number of jurisdictions
- Experience in international regulatory and government liaison and influence
- Experience managing complex projects and initiatives
- Experience providing thought leadership on international regulatory issues and communicating complex information to diverse stakeholders
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.