Global banking organisation is looking to hire a Network Manager to report into the Head of Infrastructure/ CTO.
Responsible for the management and performance of the organisation's Network and Voice operations to satisfy service level agreements (SLA's), and operational level agreements (OLA's), with Lines of Business (LoB), and other Bank teams:
- Management escalation point for all incidents, problems, changes and break/fix issues
- Managing relationships with 3rd parties, including monthly service reviews, performance management and contract negotiation.
- Ensuring the team have and maintain suitable technical skills to support the organisation's Network and Voice technology stack and its customer base
- Define and produce any required policies, standards and guidelines for effective management of the network
- Responsible for deployment of the Network technology stack and component items, including deployment planning, scheduling & control, installations, hardware & software lifecycle management, upgrades (including capacity, modifications & enhancements and end-of-life replacements), as applicable
- Responsible for the scoping, costing & provision of third-party resources when additional resources are required for the deployment of the Network technology stack and component items
- Develop & utilise support interfaces with other departments in the organisation as well as the broader IT group
- Network technology stacks risk management with respect to identifying risk, reporting risk and mitigation \ resolving risk in support of the organisation's risk department and risk management governance.
- No acceptance of risk to be undertaken
- Network technology stacks performance reporting against key performance indicators & metrics in support of business management governance & the organisation's business management governance
- Participate in & support architecture designs, roadmaps, planning & deployments
- Providing support & technical escalation to regional support staff as required
- Execute additional responsibilities &\or tasks as designated by operational management
Knowledge, technical skills and expertise
- Cisco network infrastructure
- WAN technologies (e.g. MPLS, IPSec VPN etc.)
- Network security technologies (e.g. firewalls, IDS/IPS etc.)
- Cisco Nexus switches
- Web/email proxies
- Network management platforms (e.g. Solarwinds, NetMRI etc.)
- Load balancing (IP & Name-based)
- Optimization, Acceleration (Cisco, Riverbed)
- IP telephony, including Cisco CUCM, Cisco CUCX, voice recording solutions etc.
- Experience of production network operations in a banking or similar environment
- Experience managing third party partners and vendors
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.