Are you looking to join an exciting an innovative company and develop a career in Risk Management? This is an exciting company to join with the potential to progress at a leading insurance company.
If you have an experience in compliance, audit or legal experience this role can be perfect for you.
The Operational Risk Analyst will be responsible for supporting the Operational Risk Manager in managing the operational risk for all regulated entities in line with the Group's Risk Management Framework. The role reports to the Operational Risk Manager.
- Engage with risk owners and the wider business to promote risk management practices and culture across their respective areas.
- To assist with the maintenance of the risk register for all entities.
- Support in the management of the operational risk assessment process for circulation to Operations Committee.
- To ensure timely annual review of all risk policies in line with the agreed timetable.
- Support the Operational Risk Manager in the reporting of operational risk to the relevant committees.
- To assist in the recording, monitoring and investigation of risk events / incidents.
- To collate metrics for quarterly risk reports.
- To support operational risk analysis in line with the Operational Risk Framework e.g. thematic reviews, quarterly risk reviews, annual risk register reviews, updating risk appetites and validation of operational risk.
- Coordination of the Incident Management Team (IMT).
- To provide support and assist the Operational Risk manager with the management of all Business Continuity/IMT tasks.
- To update the Risk and Actuarial Business Continuity Plan
- To update the risk sections of the Solvency II document library.
- To undertake any ad hoc duties as necessary, such as data inputting, collating information and producing reports.
- To establish and maintain effective working relationships across the risk management team and across other internal departments.
Education, Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- The ideal candidate will be naturally inquisitive, numerate, and analytical, with an attention to detail.
- Up to 3 years of experience in the relevant industry. Any previous experience in a governance related role and has an interest to develop a career in this growing specialist area.
- Previous risk management experience gained within the general insurance sector is desired, along with any progress towards CII or IRM certification.
- Those who have completed an internship with a focus on risk management, or including a rotation, will be considered.
- Some knowledge of risk management tools and disciplines.
- The ability to challenge and question established practices and contribute to the development of new processes, as necessary with input from management.
- Candidate must be proactive, highly organised and can multi-task and work in a fastpaced environment.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Excellent IT skills, in particular an advanced level of MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
If you are interested please contact me 020 7092 3227 or Hamza.Barreh@eamesconsulting.com
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.