I have an exciting role for a Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia) based client, who is looking for someone to lead the programme management office and oversee implementation and programme management of MIS and data management programme. This will be through execution of in-scope projects across this bank, ensuring that programme’s outcomes provide material benefit and value in line with this bank’s strategy.
This has a very strong budget and we are looking to challenge for global talent.
The MIS and data management programme includes the following workstreams:-
- MIS and data management: To establish a comprehensive, robust and effective regional data governance (DG) framework throughout this bank, through the set up and operationalisation of a regional governance structure, policies and processes and deployment of tools to improve data quality and integrity
- To enable through technology, the capability of uniquely identifying customers across the region to address regulatory/risk challenges and improve governance. Offer new opportunities for revenue uplift through cross-selling
- To undertake data warehouse implementation for Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore and Thailand as a technology enabler
- Oversee implementation of all projects within the MIS and data management programme, and play an influential role over project outcomes, working closely key stakeholders including project sponsors, director(s), programme steering committee members and group programme management office (GPMO)
- Initiate and mobilize new key strategic projects to meet MIS and data management programme goals, including development of robust project objectives, timelines, costs and resources
- Manage interdependencies and risks, in particular for multi-functional and multi-geographic initiatives, and drive resolution of key project issues, escalating these risks and issues for guidance and decision where necessary
- Drive overall monitoring and tracking of project completion and value realisation for projects
- Leverage on contacts within and outside of the organisation to expedite implementation of projects
- Assist to drive execution and follow through of decisions made at the MIS and data management programme steering committee
- Institutionalise rigour and discipline for project implementation within the MIS and data management programme
- Any other duties or responsibilities deemed as necessary from time to time to meet the needs of the organisation
- Monthly reporting and status updates as and when needed to group chief risk office, head of RAI and group programme management office (GPMO).
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Bachelor’s or master's degree or professional qualification in the relevant discipline
- At least 10 - 15 years of banking working experience, preferably with at least 2 years in a project management role
- 5 - 10 years of experience of relevant banking background in established bank / financial institutions
- At least 5 years of team lead position in a data management role in an established financial institutions or international organisation
- Good understanding of data governance principles and regulatory needs in areas of data management, MIS, LEID and governance
- Good understanding in the area of single customer view, legal entity identifier (LEID).
- Good understanding in the latest technology that deals with master data management (MDM), governance and metadata tool and business glossary, data warehouses and analytics capabilities
- Background of a consultancy nature will be an added advantage
- Understand the group’s business model and strategic objectives, Excellent analytical and problem solving skills and proven managerial leadership and business acumen with outstanding reputation and business network
- In-depth knowledge of data governance concepts, banks databases, products and linkages that include master data management, data quality management and banking products and services, including the rules and regulations in the domestic and international landscapes
- Conceptually sound in both technical and business perspective specifically in data management, knowledge development, single data repository or warehouses and data governance standards and practices and leverages regulatory, political and business contacts to shape/influence the business and regulatory environment in key markets/industries
- Ability to manage relationships across different entities and regions (e.g. divisions, departments, etc. and to build strong culture of service excellence and growth opportunities for the organisational unit to attract and retain top talents.
- Ability to influence and motivate others, demonstrated managerial and facilitation skills and strong presentation and influencing skills and good reputation and business network in the enterprise banking community
- APAC travel as and when needs arise especially Indonesia, Singapore, Cambodia and Thailand