I am looking for an experienced and high-calibre Project Manager with a strong background in successful project delivery to assume a key role in an extensive programme of work underway at a monetary authority client.
The Project Manager role is responsible for the end-to-end delivery of projects within the programme. The role includes the motivation and development of the team (up to 15 people) that may be a combination of direct reports or staff working into the project on a matrix basis from other parts of the organisation. The successful candidate will be delivering the next generation of my clients Real-Time Gross Settlement system responsible for around £600bn of payments each day.
Most business projects within the organisation have a significant policy and IT components and a key aspect of the role is to manage delivery across technology teams, subject matter experts, and policy experts from business areas.
As the Project Manager you will be assigned to deliver an enabler project within the Renewal programme. You will need to understand the wider objectives of the programme, demonstrate credibility in that field and be able to influence others. You will be able to develop and maintain effective working relationships with senior managers, the programme office, the wider project and portfolio teams, technology teams and third parties.
As the Project Manager you have the authority and are responsible for the delivery of the project on a day-to-day basis including:
- Initial planning and estimating to support the initiation of different workstreams.
- Securing the appropriate resources for the workstreams and project team mobilisation and then directing and motivating the project team.
- Establishing appropriate governance arrangements for the project deliverables, integrating with programme governance.
- Detailed planning incorporating all external dependencies.
- Management of the project delivery using a rigorous stage gate methodology (including the definition and execution of test plans, change configuration and service introduction).
- Proactively monitoring the project's overall progress, resolving issues and initiating corrective action as appropriate.
- Lead all aspects of RAID (risks, issues, dependencies and assumptions) including the development of contingency plans.
- Lead the project's reporting obligations within the delivery governance framework.
- Coordinate with other delivery teams to ensure work assigned to them is completed in accordance with the project's requirements.
- Engage with internal technology teams, third party service providers or vendors associated with the project. Closely lead their delivery against well-defined cost, time and quality parameters.
- Conduct post project reviews and close down activities.
The role has a broad responsibility to work across the Programme Office; Technology and Business divisions to ensure that project deliverables align to the Target Operating model and solution blueprint being delivered by the programme. You may also act as a mentor or coach to more junior team members.
- A track record of successful project delivery throughout the entire project lifecycle on similar programs of work
- Experience of facilitating decision-making in complex policy environments, including developing the associated decision support frameworks.
- Experience of translating business requirements into operating model and other functional requirements.
- Experience of managing projects spanning multiple business areas within an organisation.
- Experience of delivering projects within the financial services sector
- Specialist in all aspects of project management including project planning, estimating, budgetary control and RAID management (Risks, Assumptions, Issues and Dependencies).
- IT delivery experience from working closely with technology providers - including in-house teams - to ensure technology deliverables meet requirements and delivered to time, cost and quality
- Business change management experience gained from successfully leading the organisational, cultural and stakeholder challenges of a transformation project
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, with the ability to negotiate, persuade and influence business decisions at senior management level and presents at Investment Board level.
- Strong organisation skills, with the ability to handle conflicting deadlines and priorities.
- Able to use judgement and provide sound justification for decisions, tailoring approach to delivery based on experience.
- Able to work collaboratively across an organisation, building a network of contacts both internally and externally.
- Clear communication skills (verbal and written); able to represent the project at governance forums or Boards.
- Strong leadership, people management and team building capabilities, with experience of line or matrix management of teams.
- A recognised project or programme management qualification will be considered an adantage e.g. APMP, PMP or MSP
As a unique institution, we have a reward package which sets us apart from other organisations. It includes a competitive salary, but also a much wider offering, including a defined benefit pension and comprehensive flexible benefits. We also offer a working environment which fully supports individuals through flexible working, wellbeing initiatives including an on-site medical and dental unit.
If you are interested in this role, please apply below or contact me for more information.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.