A Prudential Credit Regulation Director role has arisen within a leading international bank here in London. This bank a sought after employer due to their strong reputation and career development opportunities.
Key duties are as follows:
- Key risk participant supporting joint projects with Finance, GRA and other stakeholders on regulatory management and reporting developments impacting Wholesale Credit Risk for all aspects of credit risk assessment (including loan impairment matters). An example of a key project of this type is Basel 3.
- Lead advisor on matters relating to prudential credit regulation as covered by the CRR (or equivalent UK standards) affecting Group consolidated risk management and reporting. This includes all associated guidance issued by regulators.
- Provide strategic direction on new credit policy developments influenced by prudential regulation.
- Provide advice on development of supportive policy standards where necessary and compliant implementation thereof.
- Provide advisory support to the regional/country teams on matters relating to prudential regulatory standards affecting Group level Wholesale credit risk policies.
- Support the Regulatory Engagement team as required with detailed advice on new prudential regulatory developments affecting wholesale credit risk management activities.
- Provide business decision support using strong influencing and decision making skills to drive successful outcomes.
- Provide advisory services wholesale aspects of credit risk management prudential regulation applying at Group level (i.e. CRR)
- Provide support to strategic projects requiring wholesale credit management change
- Assist in the delivery of initiatives that involve prudential regulation standards impacting Wholesale Credit Risk
The ideal candidate will match the following description
- Recognised relevant professional business, risk or finance qualification.
- Excellent knowledge of UK/European wholesale credit risk elements of CRR and associated EBA Guidance.
- Good knowledge of ECB standards applying to wholesale models such as TRIM.
- Good knowledge of IFRS9
- Excellent communication (written & verbal in English) and presentation skills;
- Demonstrated ability to rapidly build collaborative working relationships with key stakeholders/peers;
- Sound judgement, decision making and problem solving abilities, often with incomplete data or problems/queries presented in an unstructured manner;
- Comfortable in initiating, tough conversations and willing to challenge the status quo;
- Excellent influencing, interpersonal, negotiation and conflict resolution abilities;
- Proven track record of leading virtual teams;
- Ability to communicate complex ideas and challenges to senior executive management;
- A track record of delivering complex programs and projects;
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment, and managing multiple priorities in tight timescales;
- Strong change management skills;
- Direct credit risk management / international work experience would be an advantage.
If you are interested in this role please apply below or contact me for more information
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.