Our client, a Global (Re)Insurer are looking to appoint a Risk & Compliance Manager into their Luxembourg office. Reporting directly to the General Manager in the Luxembourg entity and Group functions for Risk & Compliance your key responsibilities will be to build and develop their risk and compliance framework to support their growing European business.
This role requires a season professional with experience working within the European market and understand its regulatory environment.
This is a great opportunity to join a leading name in the Insurance market in a role that is intrinsic to their future growth strategy.
Key Responsibilities -
- Ownership of the Risk and Compliance strategy of the European business including defining the responsibilities, competencies and reporting duties of the risk and compliance function
- Advise the Board on compliance with the laws, regulations and administrative provisions with reference to the business underwritten
- Responsible for risk and compliance reporting of the European business to the Board and to Management on any relevant risks and compliance matters
- Assist the European business Board setting an appropriate risk appetite;
- Monitor the European business’ adherence to the Board approved risk appetite;
- Liaise with the Group Compliance and Risk Functions to ensure the European business adheres to the group risk and compliance framework
- Ensure compliance to all relevant laws and regulatory requirements and assess the possible impact of any changes in the legal environment on the operations of the Company
- Respond to any regulator enquiries and maintain positive relationship with regulator
- Monitor any outsourced second and third line control functions
- Responsible for the risk governance of the European business including ensuring the appropriate risk management and compliance policies in place and lead the annual risk function plan.
- Assist the Board and other functions in the effective operation of the risk management system including risk identification, assessment and monitoring process
- Monitor the general risk profile of the European business across all risk categories including identifying and assessing emerging risks
- Responsible for carrying out quarterly risk and control assessments;
- Ensure, together with the business, that the European business has appropriate and effective controls in place
- Identify, review and support mitigation of operational risks
- Work collaboratively across locations and functions to ensure achievement of shared goals
- Ensure clarity of the role around priorities and goals and to embed a continuous improvement mindset in performance approach
- Create and maintain positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Liaise with group Risk and Compliance teams and feed into group reports and framework as necessary
Skills, Knowledge & Expertise -
- Proven experienced in managing Risk and Compliance functions for a regulated European entity
- Ability to work autonomously and make decisions
- Flexible, collaborative and adaptable approach
- Highly motivated
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships internally and externally
- Comfortable with the latest technology
- Willing to travel periodically