Combining industry expertise with data analytics, insuretech and design this entrepreneurial organisation are seeking a mid-level Risk & Compliance Officer to drive forward a number of challenging and interesting data projects.
This is a multi-faceted role, reporting to the Chief Operating Officer and will have responsibility for managing the scope, design, implementation and roll-out of a fit for purpose risk and compliance framework. The framework will set the bar for required levels of I.T. and regulatory compliance, in order to maintain silent running, mitigate risk and improve operational efficiency.
This is an exciting opportunity for a seasoned professional who enjoys working in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment, who has an interest in data analytics activities and to identify and establish an effective but proportionate risk and compliance controls.
The role involves a good understanding of compliance requirements for a firm that while un-regulated, services external customers that are subject to FCA outsourcing due diligence, while working alongside various functions such as: Data Assurance, Software Engineering, Project Delivery teams and Group Risk and Compliance teams.
Experience and knowledge required:
- A passion for risk management
- The ability to influence others
- A deep understanding of the importance of good risk management in enabling business success
- Clear perception of how to balance risk aversion with business advantage
- Experience of creating and implementing a proportionate yet robust risk and compliance framework (e.g. COSO, PRINCE2)
- Technical risk management expertise with the ability to translate into business language (e.g. well versed in how to effectively document risks using e.g. PRINCE2 methods)
- Experience in a risk function within an Insurance or Financial Services environment
- Knowledge of GDPR and data privacy in a global context (e.g. country-country data transmission considerations)
- Experience of designing and implementing compliance checklists/rules and KPIs
- Proficient in risk management tooling (e.g. Xactium etc.)
Desirable extra skills and experience:
- Data Governance
- Creating compliance standards and codification
- Experience of working within ISO27001 requirements and/or ISO27001 implementation
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.