Great opportunity for a goverance professional to join this reputable insurer as its strengths its control functions.
This is a newly created team and you will contribute to the delivery of the Internal Controls plan, providing insight and assurance
You will be required to work with the business to further embed awareness of control activity through strong relationships, challenge and support.
Key responsibilities include:
• Undertaking control identification activities including walkthroughs and process mapping across all business areas in accordance with the Internal Controls team plan.
• Regular control testing for design effectiveness and operational effectiveness using the Internal Controls team methodology.
• Producing control performance results for reporting.
• Assessing the control performance impact on risk management and as required, communicating this to the risk to the Enterprise Risk Team.
• Making recommendations for any required corrective action or control improvement for review by your line manager. Monitoring these recommendations through to completion of action.
• Contribute to the implementation and embedding of a risk and controls system.
• Participate and undertake applicable professional, technical and career development training as appropriate.
Experience and knowledge required:
• Experience of testing financial and/or operational controls within financial services, preferably insurance. Would suit individual with experience in Internal/External Audit, Compliance, or Risk Management.
• Understanding of regulatory environment and the implications for the first line activity.
• Professional qualification desirable but not essential (CIA, ACA, ACCA or equivalent).
• Ability to differentiate between controls and process and to confidently articulate the same to others.
• Analytical and critical thinking, able to absorb new information and apply knowledge to knew and diverse situations.
• Strong communication skills, both verbally and in writing – clear, concise and articulate.
• Experience of working in a high pressure and result oriented environment, comfortable with and an advocate for change
• Is resilient and is comfortable with challenging conversations
• Can work independently and as part of a team as required