Great opportunity to provide support to the Speciality underwriting lines of business for this global underwriter. In this role you will be the main point of contact to ensure the risk framework addresses the needs of the underwriting function.
Reporting to the International Head of Risk you will manage one direct report and take shared ownership of the day-to-day maintenance of all the qualitative elements of the risk management framework, with some quantitative work included. This role requires significant direct interaction with the business, requiring the individual to demonstrate strong communication and collaboration skills.
Additionally, this role will support the work being undertaken to implement an Operational Resilience framework in line with regulatory expectations and eventually take responsibility for the resultant governance framework which will need to be maintained.
- Support the Head of Risk with Operational Resilience framework implementation and thereafter, manage the ongoing governance framework.
- Shared management and responsibility of quarterly risk register review process and maintenance of related documentation, focusing on Speciality underwriting lines of business, Strategic and Financial risks and controls.
- Responsibility for conducting the operational risk scenario analysis process for each of our International entity.
- Shared management of the non-technical aspects of validation, including production of non-technical validation report.
- Assisting Head of Risk with maintenance of the Emerging Risks register and framework, including performing deep dive reviews.
- Assist Head of Risk with production of ORSA reports for each business entity.
- Produce risk reports for Risk and Capital Management Committee.
- Review and update, where necessary, qualitative risk documentation.
- Assist with recruitment, ongoing management and development of Risk Analyst role reporting into this position.
Skills and Experience required:
- Five-plus year's insurance industry experience, within a Risk/second line function. This role has both qualitative and quantitative responsibilities
- Educated to degree level and/or relevant professional qualification, e.g. Institute of Risk Management, CII.
- Strong analytical, written and communication skills.
- Strong management, organisational and planning skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Effectively operate in a team-oriented and collaborative environment.
- Effectively operate on a remote/home-working basis.
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Experience of using risk software is advantageous
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.