What Will You Do?
- Contribute towards the successful delivery of the risk framework through the continued improvement of risk analysis and reporting that enables an improved understanding of the risk profile.
- Liaise with a range of stakeholders, including team members, risk owners and the businesses central Data team, to understand the data available and determine how it can be used effectively and accurately to report risks across the business
- Produce a range of regular risk dashboards to provide the risk committees with the management information required to assess risk exposures, for example risk appetite and ORSA reporting.
- Provide visually engaging analysis using appropriate techniques to highlight the business conclusions which can be tailored to the audience.
- Automate the production of risk reports and dashboards so they can be run as required by other team members.
- Effectively operate and administer the risk management system and ensure that the production of risk reports is integrated into the system for all users.
- Support financial and operational risk teams as they perform deep dive reviews into areas of heightened risk across the business, ensuring that the teams make effective use of the data available and that the presentation of the conclusions is visually engaging.
- To respond with agility to requests (i.e. ad hoc projects) from the Chief Risk Officer or Head of Risk Management. This will include supporting other members of the team as required
What You'll Need
- Excellent desktop IT skills, including using relevant software to support team working (e.g. SharePoint, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and integrating them to work together)
- Data preparation and analysis skills, using relevant software to present data (e.g. Qlik Sense, Business Objects, QlikView)
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) are essential to effectively deliver the responsibilities of the role, including in the production of clear, accurate and easily accessible reporting to a range of audiences.
- Excellent time management skills, used to working to deadlines and under a certain amount of pressure. Ability to maintain effective personal workload plans that are achievable prioritised appropriately and meets business objectives.
- Ability to take ownership of tasks and projects while working independently and without detailed supervision.
- Required- Understanding of Risk Management, including knowledge of key risk concepts and approaches and how this works in practice.
- Desirable- Good understanding the insurance industry
- An understanding of data governance, legal and regulatory rules and procedures relevant to data handling and open data management
- A sound understanding of statistical methodologies and how to use data and information innovatively and effectively
- Project management skills to actively contribute to ad hoc projects.
- Worked with or in a Risk Function
- Track record of using quantitative techniques to analyse data and develop conclusions
If you are interested in this role, please apply below or contact me for more information.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.