Our market leading client with in the financial services industry is looking for a highly experienced Scala Java Developer so they can continue their exceptional growth & continue with their market leading reputation.
You will be tasked with:
- Exciting opportunity to join a young and dynamic company, committed to delivering value added services in the investment product space.
- Responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining key business applications and services on our highly-specialized investment product management platform. They value Agility (through SCRUM), Technology (through a modern micro-services platform built with functional programming in Scala) and Collaboration.
- Deliver high quality solutions in tight timeframes to meet demanding customer requirements
- Work closely with business and other IT units to gather and understand requirements
- Contribute to software and architectural design decisions
- Conduce to a robust automated test suite to work in a continuous integration / continuous deployment environment
- Become involved in the internal DevOps and Scala guilds, building relationships with other developers and identifying / implementing best practices
You will bring:
- Experience building scalable, distributed applications in Scala and Java
- Strong understanding of Algorithms and Data Structures
- Experience in developing software in an agile environment
- Interest in the latest programming trends such as functional and reactive programming
- Knowledge of relational and non-relational database systems
- Experience in implementation of APIs for integration with internal and external systems
- Strong problem solving skills & ability to learn in a fast paced environment
- Cloud migration activities either Public or Private
- Experience of working with design thinking techniques in iterative sprints is an advantage to this role
- CQRS and event sourcing hands on experience
- Knowledge of server-less architecture would be a benefit
- DevOps experience configuration management, containers, virtualisation, continuous integration and deployment
- Practical experience with, either or both, AWS or Azure
- Akka / Akka Persistence / Akka HTTP / Akka Streams
- Kafka / event streaming pipelines
You must have the rights to work in Switzerland to be eligible for this position - Swiss Permit or EU passport holder.
To learn more about the role, simply apply below with your CV or feel free to contact me directly.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.