Our client is looking for a Senior Business Analyst in which they need entrepreneurial thinkers to help execute their strategic vision for growth. The Senior Business Analyst will be supporting the Performance Manager in their responsibilities to ensure effective oversight and management of underwriting performance.
- Assist in the timely co-ordination and production of the annual Underwriting Business Plan, including reporting to Board committees and Lloyd's.
- Monitoring performance relative to business plans, including any deviations from business plans (including product types and geography), deviations from planned line sizes, aggregate exposure and modelled losses, and recommending any action as appropriate.
- Develop reporting and dashboard tools that assist management and underwriting teams in their assessment of underwriting performance.
- Assist in facilitating class performance reviews to ensure proper oversight of performance is maintained including challenging underwriters where performance does not meet business plan expectations.
- Attend underwriting reserving meetings and provide relevant information as necessary to challenge ultimate premiums, loss projections and adequacy of reserves.
- Assist in maintaining an overview of the acceptability of pricing and exposure management by class of business and ensuring that the pricing cycle is being appropriately managed in each class of business.
- Support Underwriting teams in reporting, analytics or liaison roles as required.
- Assist in completion of PIP reporting.
- Exceptional excel skills
- Prior analytical experience
- Familiarity with Power BI
- Experience with SQL server, including writing SQL queries
- Drive; Being resilient, delivering results, demonstrating confidence and courage, sharing success, raising standards, taking personal accountability
- Judgement; Strategic thinking, integrity, problem solving, decision making, agile and innovative thinking
- Commercial Acumen; Creating value for clients, understanding the external environment, international breadth, negotiating, managing risk, disciplined execution
- Partnership; Building relationships, leveraging collective efforts and collaboration, creating an inclusive environment, influencing, communicating effectively
- Client Service; Being accessible and proactive, building trusted relationships, developing client insight, ensuring fair outcomes
- Underwriting Knowledge; an excellent knowledge of broad insurance products and performance metrics is essential.
- Strong Client Facing Skills; managing internal key client relationships to deliver efficient and suitable solutions and ensuring 'buy in' for such processes.
- Negotiation Skills; Handling competing priorities and ensuring full engagement from key stakeholders into the product management process.
If you are interested, apply with an updated CV now.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.