Senior Business Analyst needed for a London based banking client.
This role will provide business analysis for securities and ensure that changes to services are fully assessed to enable suitable solutions to be developed. Data analysis will be a key focus of the role, to support data migration between clearing platforms.
The role sits within the Securities Clearing Technology department of the company. They have a change programme covering multiple services, both in terms of enhancements and maintenance of the existing services and also the implementation of new multi-asset class platforms.
- Identify and analyse the business requirements for new products and services and changes to existing services on equities and commodities clearing platforms.
- Build strong relationships with all key individuals within product, business, and risk, operations and regulatory areas and liaise with them to ensure that requirements are captured and documented as appropriate.
- Produce detailed business and systems requirements documents, e.g. business process flows, data models, use cases, functional specifications.
- Work with colleagues, in both onshore and offshore teams, to develop and deliver the most appropriate strategic, cost effective and deliverable solutions to problems.
- Provide input into appropriate phases of testing (Integration, UAT, and Member) to ensure that solutions are tested and implemented correctly.
- Produce externally facing documentation, including technical interface specifications.
- Work to become a clearing services expert, allowing rapid assessment of change.
- Deliver solutions to operate safely, providing reliability, responsiveness and safe change.
- Work to increase the agility to simplify the architecture, increase the change efficiency and propose innovative ideas.
- Collaborate with colleagues, embracing a culture of self-responsibility and learning to provide excellence in teams across technology and operations.
Required skills and experience
- 5 years or more current experience as a Business Analyst in the Financial Services industry, working as a pure Business Analyst and not in a hybrid Project Manager or Test type role.
- IT project based roles, in structured development environments.
- Experience of working on large scale projects, across the full project life cycle.
- Equities settlement experience.
- SWIFT, FIX and XML based messaging.
- Awareness of Clearing and CCP services.
- Strong analytical, numerical and problem solving skills.
- Structured and systematic approach to work.
- Clear and effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Delivery of individual work to a high standard in set timeframes.
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships at all levels both within and outside the organisation.
- Degree (or equivalent) in a numerate discipline.
Desired skills and experience
- Working experience of Clearing and CCP services.
- Knowledge of margining methodologies, e.g. SPAN and VaR.
- Listed Derivatives and Commodities.
- Agile methodologies.
- SQL – Oracle, Sybase.
If you are interested in this role please apply below or contact me for more information.