Eames Consulting is currently working with a leading Lloyd's syndicate on the appointment of a financial lines underwriter based in the London office.
- Develop and underwrite a portfolio of financial lines business within your given authority limits in a profitable manner
- Provide tailor made client solutions within the team's underwriting appetite in order to maintain client satisfaction
- Win new business as well as maintaining high renewal retention rates
- Calculate appropriate premiums by considering risk exposure, underwriting and reinsurance costs
- Undertake peer reviews within underwriting in order to maintain high quality and cohesion
- Monitor the book of business and take measures where necessary to improve the long term profitability of the book
- Supervise and mentor more junior members of the team
- Comply with both the companies and Lloyd's regulatory standards
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with brokers, clients as well as internal stakeholders
- Leverage networking opportunities in order to promote the companies underwriting capabilities
- Potential opportunity to lead a team
- Experience underwriting or financial lines business
- The drive to succeed and develop your capabilities as an underwriter with a highly successful team
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.