Senior Operations and Controls Analyst
Eames Consulting are currently working with a leading insurance group who are looking to hire a Senior Operations and Controls Analyst for their team.
About the role:
- Maintain a real-time understanding of key risks from analysis of internal and external data to identify changes and emerging risks.
- Help first line leadership and risk champions to develop the risk maturity within the business.
- Support the firms Executive to assess key operational risks and ensure appropriate monitoring and escalation procedures are in place to effectively manage and mitigate risk.
- Ensure the RCSA program reflects an integrated approach including top operational risks as well as emerging and key departmental risks.
- Monitor changes in the organisation, processes, systems, and business plans to ensure currency of the risk assessment process.
- Oversee RCSA ratings assigned by Department managers for accuracy and consistency by evaluating the results of various assessment processes, key risk indicators (KRIs) and risk event data.
- Provide support and challenge to ensure a risk-focused risk and control self-assessment ("RCSA") programme is in place across all areas of the firm by working with management to analyse processes and identify and document key risks and controls.
- Advise management on analyses of large or pervasive risk events in order to identify root causes and support in the design of corrective actions.
- Advise on special projects to evaluate and mitigate operational risk across the firm. These may include, for example, new business ventures or infrastructure / system changes.
- Coordinate with legal, risk and compliance to ensure local regulatory requirements are monitored and tracked to ensure compliance.
- Maintain a proactive approach to risk by collaborating closely with the business and threat intelligence teams to stay ahead of potential risks.
- Coordinate with control functions (Internal Audit, Risk and Compliance) to assess the firms aggregate risk profile.
What we are looking for:
- Experience with controls, risk management and / or operations. Solid experience with operational risk management required.
- A customer advocate with an understanding of the requirements of Consumer Duty and relevant regulation.
- Deep understanding of the financial services marketplace including distribution, regulation, and competitors.
- Life insurance industry experience preferred.
- Graduate degree or professional certification in relevant field preferred.
- Articulate, concise communication style, both verbal and written. Can target style to the audience.
- A self-starter who is able to simplify concepts and challenges by thinking analytically about component parts.
- Demonstrates ability to establish effective, independent working relationships with mid-and senior-level managers and corporate partners. Can overcome obstacles to achieve goals through organisational ability and emotional intelligence.
- Strong research and analytical skills, synthesising data and deriving and articulating value-adding insight.
- A proven track record of internal and external relationship building and influencing.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.