Key responsibilities include:
- Lead and manage underwriting activity across your area remit, effectively developing key client and broker relationships in order to build profit
- Review accounts and analyse underwriting trends in order to improve underwriting capabilities
- Develop new and existing broker relationships in order to help drive growth of the portfolio of business
- Mentor and train more junior underwriters in the team
- Exploit new business opportunities through strategic partnerships, marketing and analysing economic trends
- Supporting the Managers to provide an effective service to brokers and input to the performance management of underwriters.
- Take advantage of cross-selling opportunities between teams in order to increase efficiency in growing the business
- Significantly raise the company profile amongst competitors in the professional indemnity market through multiple avenues.
- Make underwriting decisions based on existing technical knowledge, history of the accounts and combined ratio targets
- Actively managing and reviewing underwriting regulations.
- Extensive experience underwriting a range of professions across the UK
- Desire to build and develop your own book of professional indemnity business
- Broking backgrounds will also be considered
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a global corporate insurer looking to expand its UK regional offering. If you are interested and match the required experience then please apply below.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.