My client is currently recruiting a Project Manager to join our team in Chelmsford, Essex! You will have the CHOICE of being in the office full-time OR for only 3 days a week, homebased for the other days.
IRO £75,000 + £5,000 car allowance + bonus + good benefits package - however we have multiple positions available so if this isn't quite the package you're considering at your level, we'd still love to hear from you!
About the company:
Headquartered in London, my client is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions.
With a team of employees 50,000 strong in 120 countries, they empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
About the Role
The Project Manager will be primarily responsible for managing projects, work streams or initiatives across the UK company branch and the global broking centre within time, quality and cost which deliver agreed benefits and outcomes.
Working under guidance from a Change Director or senior PM, the Project Manager will manage the following:
- Ensuring that deliverables are clearly established with responsibility assigned and accepted by owners and each given completion deadlines
- Driving projects to completion within agreed timescales and to agreed quality, ensuring that the benefits and outcomes are in line with expectations
- Regularly capturing and reporting on project progress to key stakeholders
As a Senior Project Manager some of your key responsibilities will involve:
Definition - clearly define project scope and deliverables which achieve the strategic outcomes
Planning - develop and manage clear project plans which enable the successful delivery of projects
Change - manage changes to scope in accordance with defined governance processes
Progress - manage activity to ensure that progress is accurately tracked and monitored, identifying and escalating issues as appropriate
Inform - keep stakeholders sufficiently informed of project progress identifying and escalating resources issues as appropriate
Risk Management - identify relevant project risks and develop appropriate mitigation strategies to manage those risks
Issues Management - manage and control issues raised throughout projects to their conclusion
Dependency management - identify and manage project dependencies
Cost and budget management - work with finance business partners to ensure that costs and benefits are accurately recorded and tracked
Reporting - provide regular monitoring, controlling and reporting of project progress to key Stakeholders
Recording - ensure that all project documentation is maintained to an acceptable standard and retained in accordance with best practice
Responsibility will include working in accordance with company Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the company policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
You will have some commercial experience working as a Project Manager, ideally a few years, experience working within or in connection with an insurance provider will be a strong advantage.
Skills and qualifications will include:
- Project management (e.g. PRINCE2, PMP), or prepared to work towards a relevant qualification.
- Knowledge/understanding of the insurance industry, especially the London market
- Experience as a PM in either the Insurance or Financial sectors
- Ability to initiate, grow and maintain strong working relationships at all levels
- Ability to understand, articulate and translate business problems in order to define clear activities which result in a desired solutions
- Ability to identify and pursue the successful completion of key project products simultaneously ensuring quality and timeliness of all outputs
- Use of MS Project, Visio, Word, Excel and PowerPoint to an intermediate level
- Degree level or equivalent experience
- Having worked with junior team members will be considered a plus
If you are interested in this role please apply below or contact me for more information.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.