- We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Property E&S Underwriter to join our dynamic team. In this role, you will be responsible for underwriting property risks that fall outside the standard market, working within the Excess and Surplus lines. The ideal candidate should possess a strong understanding of property insurance, risk assessment, and have a proven track record in underwriting within the E&S market.
- Underwriting Expertise: Evaluate and underwrite property risks within the Excess and Surplus lines, considering factors such as property values, location, occupancy, and loss history.
- Risk Assessment: Conduct thorough risk assessments to determine acceptability, pricing, and terms for individual risks. Analyze complex data, property values, and loss trends to make informed underwriting decisions.
- Portfolio Management: Manage and grow a profitable portfolio of Property E&S business. Monitor and review the performance of the existing book of business, making adjustments as needed to achieve targeted profitability.
- Market Relationships: Build and maintain strong relationships with brokers, agents, and other industry professionals. Collaborate with distribution partners to source and underwrite new business opportunities.
- Policy Issuance and Documentation: Ensure accurate and timely issuance of policies and documentation. Work closely with internal teams to facilitate smooth policy administration.
- Compliance and Guidelines: Adhere to underwriting guidelines, compliance requirements, and regulatory standards. Stay updated on industry trends and changes affecting the Property E&S market.
- Negotiation and Pricing: Negotiate terms and conditions with brokers and clients. Implement sound pricing strategies while balancing risk and profitability.
- Collaboration: Collaborate with other underwriting teams, risk engineering, claims, and other internal departments to ensure comprehensive risk management.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Risk Management, or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Property Excess and Surplus underwriting.
- In-depth knowledge of property insurance, underwriting principles, and risk management.
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills with the ability to assess complex risks.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Proven ability to build and maintain productive relationships with brokers and clients.
- Familiarity with industry trends, regulatory changes, and emerging risks.
- Results-oriented with a focus on achieving underwriting goals and profitability targets.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative team.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Adaptability to a changing and dynamic underwriting environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.