My Client are a Cyber Security Consultancy. They have a proven track record of delivering security services to a number of FTSE 100 companies. They have established relationships with market leading technology vendors in Cyber Security and Big Data analytics space.
The candidate will:
Engagement with customers requiring SRE consultancy to understand, design and develop solutions that fit the customers needs.
- Leading a team of SRE and DevOps specialists to own and manage technical solutions to support our various platforms.
- Continuous focus on quality being key; candidate will lead or be part of a team that performs Root Cause Analysis (RCA) where needed
- Have experience in being anDevOps & SRE Engineer, Analyst or Specialist.
- Set and/or advise onSLO's , SLIs or OKRs
- Experience inAzure / AWS
- At least 3 years of experience in Python
- Good understanding of CICD
- Solid Telemetry foundation being essential; ability to analysemetrics & telemetry from both operating systems and applications to assist in performance tuning and fault finding
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Performing an in-depth analysis of the possible risks and countermeasures for them
- Measure and optimize system performance, with an eye toward pushing our capabilities forward, getting ahead of customer needs, and innovating to continually improve
- Teaching the DevOps teams to follow SRE guidelines and procedures to minimize the number of errors and incidents
- Partner with development teams to improve services through rigorous testing and release procedures
- Direct involvement with clients to gather requirements and deliver top quality service
- Improve reliability, quality, and time-to-market of our internal products and tooling. Must view problems as an opportunity to improve
- Experience in supporting and driving a DevOps culture and building out capability.
· Experience in working within modern application development and engineering teams using DevOps & Agile methodologies.
- Experience in Team Management and training of DevOps teams to follow best practices in DevOps and SRE principles and procedures to minimize the number of errors and incidents.
- Experience working with Linux and cloud computing systems
- Experience with testing frameworks and how to drive best results from their use
- Good understanding of Networking and OS concepts and OS
- Understanding of accessibility and security compliance
- Knowledge of user authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Understanding of the differences between multiple delivery platforms, such as mobile vs desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform
- Able to create database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Strong unit test and debugging skills
- Usage of CICD processes including the integration of security & quality tooling
- Shares the learnings publicly in a way that can that provide context for anyone to understand it
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools
- Improves documentation all around, either in application documentation, or in runbooks, explaining the why, not stopping with the what.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- A background in building and testing code as well as in operations.
- Software centric, continuous improvement mindset
- Software stack detective and unflappable disposition
- Solid communication skills and expertise to translate technical jargon into business familiar language.
- Ability to quickly explore, examine and understand complex problems and how these relate to the customer's business.
- Able to quickly understand and interpret customer problems and navigate complex organisations
- Ability to stop to listen and collaborate with technical and non-technical consumers from IT administrators to executive level stakeholders
- Actively looks for opportunities to improve the availability and performance of the system by applying the learnings from monitoring and observation
- Well organized with a healthy sense of urgency, able to set; communicate; and meet aggressive deadlines with competing priorities
- Demonstrable understanding of common enterprise applications especially in the area of security.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.