Reporting into the Head of Enterprise Architecture the Senior Solution Architect is responsible for delivery of the IT roadmap project solution and technical architectures underpinning all IT Applications, technology and infrastructure.
The Senior Solution Architect is recognised as an ambassador for the Client with strong communication skills to preserve positive relationships. The Client is embarking on a significant business transformation programme over the coming years to deliver on its strategic priorities, an effective, high quality enterprise, solution and technology architecture capability is essential to its strategic objectives, and the successful candidate for this role will contribute to this success.
The Senior Solution Architect must have knowledge of all architecture domains with an ability to understand the long-term ("big picture") and short-term perspectives of situations. In addition have a proven ability to take a logical and structured approach to evolve, lead and motivate a team, of direct and indirect reports.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Responsibility for the design of enterprise-grade software solutions to support the Client's IT
- Project portfolio.
- Ensuring that the correct software integration patterns and practises are followed, and designed to high technical standards
- Responsible for identifying, assessing and selecting the most appropriate technologies, architectural styles and patterns needed to deliver a software solution
- Support project and programme management to understand, communicate and manage technical dependencies across platforms and projects
- Develop strong relationships with Architects, Business Analysts, Project Managers, Software
- Engineers and other teams across the organisation in order to guarantee that solution designs map to the requirements of the business and are aligned to the strategic roadmap
Senior Solution Architect skills include:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in leading the design and implementation of systems powering an organisation of significant scale.
- Strong architectural and technical background; with some experience of delivering both custom solutions and of integrating enterprise applications, and associated architectural patterns and styles
- Appreciation of a variety of architectural styles such as Service Oriented Architectures including Microservices, Event Driven Architectures, Client-Server Architectures, REST etc.
- The ability to work effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- A sense of urgency and the ability to work in a multi-tasking manner leveraging prioritization skills to cope with working in a fast-paced environment and adapting to rapid change
- Ability to assess application packages, SaaS and bespoke solution options
- Good experience of working with globally distributed cloud architectures would be a useful addition
- You must be effective and comfortable in fluid situations and able to deal with ambiguity
Please note: Candidates who speak Russian or Ukranian are preferred.
If you are interested in this role please apply below or contact me for more information.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.