Statutory & Management Reporting Associate/London/£-Market Rate
Leading Insurance Company is seeking a part or newly qualified accountant to join as a Statutory & Management Reporting Associate to join their London desk. This role has been created through internal mobility and is an ideal opportunity for a candidate in an insurance finance role to gain more commercial finance experience.
- Prepare the annual statutory and quarterly management accounts for the UK insurance entities including smaller companies and supporting analytical review and analysis.
- Prepare branch financial management accounts as well as other reporting requirements required by the governing authorities of the Branches.
- Assist in the preparation of the quarterly CFO report for the combined International platforms and individual legal entity results for the Audit Committee and Board of Directors meetings. This includes preparing commentary and analytical review of legal entity balance sheets and income statements.
- Review of US and UK GAAP quarterly adjustments prepared by Financial Operations team to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Key involvement in Legal Entity Reporting projects to ensure that they meet defined objectives and are delivered on time.
- Strong academic background – minimum 2:1 degree from a leading university.
- Part or newly qualified CIMA/ACA / ACCA
- Currently working in a similar role for an insurance company or within insurance audit
- Good understanding of the London Insurance Market from both a Lloyds and Company Market perspective
- Strong proven process improvement skills
This position has regular interaction with key stakeholders across the business and it is therefore essential you have strong interpersonal skills. The company offers realistic career progression, and offers continuous study support.