I am looking for a Systems Administration professional interested in joining a talented Application Deployment team in the City.
My client is a global specialist insurance company, with offices all around the USA and Europe. They provide a range of speciality insurance products spanning Employee Liability, Property, Enterprise Risk, Reinsurance, Credit and Accident & Health and beyond. They now employ over 2,500 talented professionals worldwide, generating them annual revenue in the region of £2.4 billion.
They are looking to hire a Systems Administrator for their Application Deployment team based in central London IT department.
The responsibilities of the Systems Administrator will include deployment of application releases into software development and test environments, configuration, implementation work and integration, end to end troubleshooting, root cause analysis; as well as liaising with a range of key stakeholders, assisting the smooth delivery of application environments on behalf of infrastructure to the development and support teams within IT.
A key part of this role will be to develop and implement automation into the Environment and Release Management team. The successful candidate will be reporting in to the Release Manager.
- Install, configure and maintain server operating systems including deploying VM's for project environments.
- Own and lead the development of the automation of deployments for the team
- Build new servers using Virtualisation technologies, install Windows operating systems according to the company build process and standards.
- Install and configure Microsoft applications predominantly Biztalk and CRM
- Install server-based application software packages - Pega Systems, SBS Eclipse and Claims.
- Install, Configure, maintain SQL 2012/16, run scripts for developers and support teams.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures/documentation for Infrastructure deployments and troubleshooting.
- Environment documentation ensuring change control is applied and all versions are current.
- Aid creation of technical implementation plans covering multiple integrated applications; this will require close co-ordination of all technical teams.
- Implement and follow Technical Implementation Plans (TIPS) produced by the Release Manager.
- Adhere to Change Management processes.
- Restores of data as requested
- Provide Tier III support as requested Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
- Repair and recover from software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted areas.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary, testing applications function successfully after patching and maintenance weekends.
- Perform performance reporting to support capacity planning and on-going performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
- Assist in disaster recovery planning and testing for the PAS project.
- Assist occasional out of hour's deployments where required.
Key Technologies they work with:
- Pega Systems
- SBS Eclipse
- SBS Claims
- Windows 2K8, 2012
- Tomcat Web Services
- Team City
- SQL Admin, SQL Scripts
- Failover Clustering
- Always On availability groups
- IIS & IIS Webservices
What we need to see from you:
We are looking for someone with experience working with deployment, configuration, integration tools and technologies. The ideal candidate will be joining from a background in software development, testing, or IT support.
Familiarity with the aforementioned technologies and tools will be regarded as highly advantageous.
- Ability in fault diagnosis and trouble shooting in environment management
- Track-record in IT Services Delivery
- Experience in continuous improvement in a multi-disciplined IT environment
- At least 3 years commercial experience
- Experience of working with third party software suppliers
- Experience in the Insurance Industry
- Experience in leading deployment automation initiatives across multi platforms
- Exposure to Application support and Systems Administration
- Experience supporting website/online systems and related technologies
Contact me directly to review the full Job Description, email@example.com , 02070923294 or via Linkedin https://www.linkedin.com/in/alexandra-chitty-66919878/
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.