A Technical Business Analyst is required within a leading insurance firm to help drive forward some of their most challenging and interesting projects.
This is a perm role, requiring the candidate to work in the office 3 days a week from September.
What will the role involve?
- Support and produce Business case and associated project documentation as required.
- Act as a bridge between the Business and Developers
- Elicit, analyse and document business and technical requirements (in the format required which could be user stories, wire frames, Use Cases or BRD)
- Define requirements while understanding and communicating the impact of the change.
- Deliver supporting documentation for requirements (such as process maps, data attribute catalogues, wireframes and so on)
- Prioritise requirements to deliver maximum business benefit within set constraints.
- Manage developer workstreams by effectively prioritising BAU and project work.
- Understand the Solution/ Design proposed and challenge appropriately.
- Support the developers and the business to ensure consistent understanding of requirements.
- Ensure timely completion of milestones.
- Anticipate bottlenecks and escalate as appropriate.
- Development of training material and facilitation of workshops
- Manage and resolve queries arising during design, build, test, go live and warranty.
- Coach and Mentor
- Support in planning and execution of the plan
- Act as Subject Matter Expert in any given Business discipline/ multiple disciplines.
- Work closely with developers to ensure specifications and support needs are met.
- Define user acceptance criteria and work alongside the testing team to complete User Acceptance Testing
- Able to deputise for the Business Technology and Innovation Manager (BTIM)
- Manage external and internal service suppliers.
- Own with the BTIM any Service Level Agreements with external and internal service suppliers.
- Own and resolve the reconciliation of data between external and internal service suppliers systems and address any discrepancies identified in a timely manner
What knowledge and experience are we looking for?
- 3 years (or equivalent) experience in a similar role
- Technical Analysis skills with the ability to deep drive into configuration or code
- Expert knowledge in policy and web applications
- Basic SQL experience
- Previous experience of working in both an Agile, Waterfall and Hybrid environment
- Intermediate knowledge of VISIO, Excel, Word and Power Point
- Digital experience
- Assertive, independent thinker, combining strategic vision and pragmatic delivery capabilities.
- Lateral thinker, able to understand the impact of actions. Adopts an innovative approach to find and propose alternative solutions when standard procedures prove to be ineffective.
- Confident communicator (verbal and written) at all levels, including strong customer, client liaison and including third parties.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Proficient in identification of the initial requirement, through the complete life cycle, within tight deadlines
- Ability to convert client requirements into viable practical systems solutions.
- Proficient in projecting and maintaining a professional image to clients and third parties.
- Able to adapt well to different work roles and different functional areas, including working as part of a team or individually.
- Use questioning techniques to get to the root cause and allow requirements to be built out from this point ensuring that you avoid assumptions.
- Managing boards and prioritising work
- System Integration experience
- Content Management
If this role could be of interest to you, please apply with an up to date version of your CV.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.