A Technical Business Analyst is required within a leading insurance firm to deliver state of the art data warehouse and supporting data platforms using innovative cloud technologies and tools.
This role is required to:
- Support, capture and perform analysis of technical data requirements - focus on business logic & reporting & dashboards.
- Create user stories from technical requirements captured to support design, build and test activities
- Using standard analysis approach ensure all technical requirements are captured and documented appropriately across all the analysis deliverables
- Support technical delivery team on development and testing queries, triage and analysis of data defects
- Provide support in the management of the Process transition states (to complement Technology roadmap)
- Facilitate workshops as required to evaluate the potential business and technical impacts of the delivery including any dependencies on other workstream.
- Elicitation and Documentation of business, data requirements and creation of related user stories and tech specs
- Understand business processes, Insurance TOM, gather and document project requirements and translate them into functional and non-functional requirements for MI / BI reports and applications. The following should be documented:
- Definition of AS IS landscape for People and Process and Subledger
- Pain point analysis - identification and definition of broad Titan pain point categorisations as part of the 'as is' process landscape and an articulation of drivers for change
- Deliver Process transition states (to complement Technology roadmap)
- Definition of TO BE state capabilities across People, Process and technical features (product deliverables for the tech workstream)
- Documented gap analysis between AS IS and TO BE states.
- Technical requirements analysis to support Financial Model analysis, Business Lines analysis and Core Reports analysis for the next phase
- Work with the Development and Test Teams to ensure traceability of requirements to the technical specifications. Provide support on development and testing queries
- Understand Conceptual and Logical Data Models
- Create clear and concise deliverables to ensure Technology workstream objectives (and in turn, programme outcomes) are completed successfully.
- Support the data defect triage, analysis and resolution process with business, test and development teams
Skills and Experience
- Demonstrable experience working as a technical business analyst within the general insurance industry, ideally within speciality commercial and London Markets. Strong domain experience of Finance, underwriting and/or reinsurance highly desirable.
- Experience producing technical requirements as BRD's or User Stories, Requirements catalogues, Process flows (Levels 1 to 4), Gap Analysis and impact assessment documents.
- Experience of the data warehouse development cycle and challenges posed by data quality Highly Desirable
- Demonstrable experience of being heavily involved in the full life cycle of multiple core system implementations and significant/impactful (feature rich) software upgrades.
- Strong interaction and communication skills to quickly establish rapport with business and technical SME personnel at all levels.
- Excellent documentation skills to create clear business level definitions in diagrams and written form.
- Process Mapping (current and future state) ; development of data flow diagrams and entity relationship diagrams , other UML techniques
- Understanding of regulatory landscape within which an insurance company operates.
- Able to work in a team and help assist other team members develop Business Analysis skills
- Experience in a technical analysis role for a large transformation programme
- Experience of working in an Agile cross-functional team
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong presence and ability to interact with various levels of seniority within a client organisation
- Experience with data tools desirable, including SQL, metadata & modelling tools (Erwin), Rules engines (InRule), Semantic Layer (AtScale), DevOps (ADO)
If this role could be of interest to you, please apply with an up to date version of your CV.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.