A high performing financial technology business that specialises in FX trade and settlement software are currently looking for an individual to join them on a permanent basis based in their Canary Wharf offices. The business are looking for a technology enthusiast who lives and breathes everything technology. This individual must be passionate about what they do and want to surround themselves by fellow enthusiasts who will teach you many different skills.
The successful individual be brought into the team to ensure that the internal Linux cluster systems are managed to the highest standard by following industry best practice. You will firstly be a hands on UNIX engineer and secondly a team leader that provides motivation and drive to the already fantastic team around you.
- Ensure internal Linux Cluster systems are managed to a high standard.
- Demonstrate good problem management ownership.
- Ensure that the service of the Linux team function is prioritised.
- Provide operational support for the VCS Cluster, Docker and middleware environment.
- Provide operational support to the Linux environment with Symantec Clustering technology.
- Report monthly on the Linux team deliverables.
- Upgrade or maintain software.
- Participate in regular disaster recovery testing activities.
- Lead the local Linux team and act as a point of escalation for all members of the team.
- Must be first of all a hands on and passionate UNIX/Linux engineer.
- Must have strong operational support experience of Linux Red Hat Server in a large enterprise environment.
- Must have a solid understanding of Linux and database recovery technologies including SAN replication.
- Experience providing production support activities for business critical Linux applications.
- Experience of leading a production technical team within an enterprise environment.
- This individual must be passionate about all things technology and be willing to learn from many different SME’s.