- A Principal Auditor within the PW&CC team reports into a Principal Audit Manager (PAM) who in turn reports in the Chief Auditor (CA) in APAC.
- The candidate will be required to evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls relating to risks involved in the relevant business areas in accordance with group audit methodology and the established risk assessment framework.
- The candidate will contribute to risk assessment profiles and overall implementation of group audit methodology.
- The candidate will be a team member and will be required to implement dynamic planning through continuous monitoring of the business and successfully implement risk based audits both locally and globally.
- They will undertake audit assignments, draft audit reports for review by audit management and facilitate issue tracking and validate closure of issues.
- The candidate will communicate and present key findings for agreement with client management on all hierarchy levels. Pro-actively develop and maintain professional working relationships with the business and other stakeholders on a local and global basis.
- The candidate will be required to complete all work assigned to them on a timely basis. This may also include ad hoc projects and special investigations.
- The position offers the successful candidate the opportunity to develop relationships across the DB franchise and to communicate orally and in writing the results of their work to clients at all levels.
- The candidate will be required to pro-actively develop and maintain professional working relationships with colleagues, the business and respective support areas. They will work in an integrated manner with fellow team members both locally (e.g. Risk, Compliance and IT) and globally.
- They will understand the client’s marketplace and respond to expectations and will continue to develop technical expertise relevant to the industry.
- They will develop and maintain PW&CC expertise and knowledge, including products, processes, risks and controls. In addition, demonstrate understanding of the client’s business, keeping abreast of business and industry changes.
- Whilst the majority of the audit work is based in Singapore, the team is also responsible for coverage in other APAC locations and travel (less than 20%) will therefore be required.
- Solid understanding of especially wealth management business and products ideally gained through experience in a major investment bank or a big 4 accounting firm coupled with banking experience.
- The candidate should have excellent written/verbal communication skills and be able to communicate effectively at all levels within group audit and with the client. Must have excellent excel and power-point skills.
- The candidate will have knowledge of the regulatory environment in Singapore and Hong Kong. Knowledge of other APAC regulators e.g. India, Japan will be an asset.
- Audit professional that is a self-starter and able to operate at senior levels of the company.
- The candidate should be flexible, pro-active, self-sufficient and innovative with strong organisational skills to take ownership and responsibility of agreed targets and meet them within budget to enable a timely and efficient completion of audit projects. They will be a natural role model and reference point for their peer group.
- The candidate will be able to demonstrate that they have an innovative mindset and can develop ideas, which are implemented and have a positive impact.
- The candidate will be able to multi-task assignments and prioritize their workload with limited supervision and be resilient under pressure and be able to deliver to deadlines.
- Experience working in a front office, operations, compliance or risk role in relation to wealth management would be advantage.
- Knowledge of credit, market, IT, finance and legal / compliance processes and risks in relation to wealth management is also expected.