My client is looking for a Vice President to join the APAC Wholesale Risk IA team which is part of a global coverage model.
This team provides a comprehensive program of audit coverage for APAC Wholesale Credit Risk management activities across wholesale lines of business. The individual will be responsible for executing audits as both a project manager and as a participant, as needed.
- Develops and executes a robust Audit Plan, by reviewable entity, for assigned businesses in accordance with Internal Audit standards, relevant government statutes and regulations and Citigroup and Citibank policies.
- Delivers on time high quality audit reports, Internal Audit and Regulatory issue validation and where appropriate, branch examinations, as well as business monitoring and governance committee reporting.
- Manages audit activities for a component of a product line, function, or legal entity at the regional or country level including a portion of the audit annual plan.
- Applies in-depth level of expertise in one or more of the corporation's businesses and leverages this knowledge into a leadership role in one or more teams, given the global nature of the Risk IA team.
- Proactively advances integrated auditing concepts, use of technology and data analytics.
- Manages a complex and critical unit within Internal Audit, including a small to medium sized team of Internal Audit professionals. Develops talent, builds effective teams, and manages audit assignments within an agreed budget. Supports the professional development of Internal Audit staff, and coaches’ junior staff in delivering a high quality audit product.
- Possesses a broad and comprehensive understanding of different Internal Audit standards, policies and local regulations; applies a broad and comprehensive knowledge of high-risk areas including: Wholesale Credit Risk, Corporate & Investment Banking products, project/program management; and regulatory compliance.
- Develops effective senior line management relationships and has a strong understanding of the businesses.
- Applies an in-depth understanding of the inter-relationships of business and support units throughout the corporation and how they impact the overall control environment and the audit approach.
- Uses excellent communication skills in order to influence a wide range of internal audiences including respective product, function, or regional executive management partners. May negotiate internally often at higher levels on matters which will have a major impact on the area managed.
- Demonstrates strong judgment, political astuteness, and sensitivity to cultural diversity.
- Possesses strong project management and interpersonal skills, makes sound decisions, exhibiting initiative and intuitive thinking. Consulted often by others for advice and opinions and recognized as a leadership role model.
- Participates in major business initiatives and pro-actively advises and assists the business on change initiatives.
- Frequently involved in matters that require complex judgments and solutions based on sophisticated analytical thought such as identifying solutions for a variety of complex and novel audit control issues. Analyses reporting findings; Recommends appropriate interventions where needed. Proposes creative and pragmatic solutions for risk and control problems. Partners with Directors and Managing Directors to develop approaches for addressing broader corporate emerging issues.
- Serves as lead reviewer for all types of reviews.
- Competent in assessing the risk environment and respond to changes therein through the risk assessments and business monitoring process.
Qualifications and Competencies
- BA/BS or equivalent. Related certifications (CPA, ACA, CFA, CIA, CISA or similar) are a plus.
- Senior level experience in a related role with experience in Internal Audit and/or Wholesale Credit Risk environment, with proven abilities in taking responsibility for executing concurrently on a portfolio of high quality deliverables to stakeholders according to strict timetables.
- Specific subject matter expertise and a solid understanding of Wholesale Credit Risk Management concepts, especially those associated with Lines of Businesses (LOBs) that extend credit to corporations
- Demonstrates experience in managing teams and managing integrated internal audit and assurance delivery within a matrix-reporting environment.
- Effective negotiation skills, a proactive and 'no surprises' approach in communicating issues and strength in sustaining independent views. This individual must be an articulate and effective communicator, both orally and in writing, with an energetic, charismatic and approachable style.
- Strong interpersonal skills for interfacing with all levels of internal and external audit and management.