Headquartered in London with a global presence, this reputable Lloyd's Syndicate is looking to secure an experienced Compliance Analyst to join their team in London.
The role will report directly into the Risk and Compliance Director, supporting on day to day compliance and corporate governance activities with a focus on regulatory research and policy development. This technical role will support their Private Capital business.
Key responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Research interpret and report on key and relevant components of FCA and Lloyd's regulation as applying to the Group's current regulated activities, along with those arising from future strategic developments.
- Assist in the development, updating and enhancement of procedure and policy documents.
- Assist in the monitoring of Group compliance with key FCA and Lloyd's deadlines, including the provision of support on the timely submission of regulatory returns where required.
- Assist in the development and monitoring of the effectiveness of controls applying to the management of risks falling under the Compliance Director's ownership.
- Provide input and support on compliance review work programme / timetable, where required.
- Assist in the maintenance of an effective governance structure, including the provision of management information and company secretarial (including minute taking) support, as required.
- Support the Risk / Financial Crime Manager in the ongoing maintenance of effective client due diligence and anti-money laundering / bribery systems and controls.
- Co-ordinate the timely processing of complaints from clients, in accordance with complaints handling procedure.
- Provide support as and when required on its compliance activities, including its sanctions screening / PRA obligations and FCA conduct risk / compliance.
- Provide paralegal support, where required, on the review of contracts, agreements and deeds and in defence of legal claims.
- Undertake any other related duties as may be reasonably required.
- You will be expected to perform to the highest of standards and in accordance with the Conduct Rules as specified by the FCA.
Key skills required for the role:
- Previous knowledge / experience of the Lloyd's/London insurance market is essential.
- A high standard of written work, with excellent attention to detail, accuracy and timely delivery.
- Experience of using initiative in undertaking research / analysis, presenting findings in concise written form and applying output in the development of policy.
- Confident communicator with a team player and proactive nature
- A conscientious and highly diligent manner and approach which matches regulatory expectations.
- Ability to deal competently with pressure and prioritise workloads.
- Capable of developing and maintaining effective relationships at all levels.
- Competent communication skills, both oral and written.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.