Global specialist (re) insurance are seeking an experienced insurance compliance professional to join their growing team. Reporting to the Head of UK Compliance, the role represents an exciting opportunity to learn about Compliance and become involved in all aspect of Compliance within an insurance company.
Your responsibilities for this role may include, but are not limited to supporting the Compliance team in relation to:
- Clearing financial crime and sanctions screening alerts, on a daily basis.
- Reviewing regulatory and commercial developments and providing updates to the team.
- Responding to queries and providing guidance to the business, including the completion of due diligence requests.
- Dealing with international licensing queries, alerts, renewals and monitoring.
- Undertaking the annual review of policies, procedures and guidance documents.
- Performance of second line Compliance Monitoring activities, such as Gifts and Entertainment monitoring.
- Assisting in the planning and completion of key and ad hoc projects.
- Responding to Broker TOBA requests, answering queries and drafting be-spoke TOBA clauses.
- Responsibility for filing TOBAs and maintaining and developing the TOBA database.
- Responsible for coordinating and completing regulatory returns.
- The preparation and collation of board papers and meeting packs.
- Maintain an awareness and appreciation of team members' day to day activities to support and provide assistance at all times
- All matters undertaken by the compliance team in supporting the Compliance Plan and Objectives
Skills & experience required:
- Compliance experience in the London Insurance market, knowledge of sanction regimes and international licensing is essential.
- Strong written and spoken communication skills to enable communication at all levels.
- Strong analytical, research and reporting skills.
- Ability to handle a varied workload and competing priorities.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Willingness to work extended hours as required.
- Knowledge of the regulatory landscape for London Market insurers.
- Experience in taking minutes.
- Ability to support success and timely delivery in a complex, multi-disciplinary environment
- Has personal drive and resilience in established and new/changing situations
- A team player with strong interest in the performance of the business as a whole
- Commercially savvy, bright, energetic and positive with a 'can do' attitude
- Professionalism and strong personal integrity
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.