Based in Hong Kong, you will be part of a growing International Legal & Compliance team supporting this fintechs international business. You will report to the Head of International Compliance Assurance and Governance.
The ideal candidate will be a confident self-starter with strong interpersonal skills and organizational skills, and one who is able to demonstrate the ability to effectively and proactively exercise good judgment in a fast-paced environment as well as cultural adaptability.
You will need to work in partnership with a range of internal and external stakeholders, including but not limited to the regulators, internal business and operations team, Legal, AML, other compliance teams and various departments and functions
- Establish a compliance assurance and governance program to effectively manage regulatory & licensing, AML/Sanctions and privacy risks.
- Contribute to the development and enhancement of the risk assessment methodology. Conduct compliance reviews, monitor progress of issues and drive remediation initiatives to address non-compliant areas.
- Provide periodic assurance and review progress summary to senior management and stakeholders.
- Work closely with other internal functions and teams to ensure overall compliance to all applicable regulatory and licensing requirements as well as to improve overall control environment and promote sustainable growth.
- Identify industry best practices and share insight with other Compliance Assurance teams on a regular basis
- Job Requirements
- Bachelor degree in accounting, business or finance or equivalent work experience.
- At least 10 years of relevant experience in regulatory audit, compliance assurance and/or operational risk management/governance strongly preferred
- Strong regulatory/compliance knowledge and skills. Strong ability to understand governance, processes and controls.
- Knowledge of payment systems, payment processing, money transmitter and stored value licensing or similar Fintech-related legal and regulatory requirements
- Effective negotiation skills, a proactive and no surprises approach in communicating issues, and strength in sustaining independent views
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently; ability to navigate a complex organization Team player and ability to work independently and under pressure to meet deadlines, and in a fast-paced and fast-changing environment.
- Experience in design and develop automation solutions and analytic tools for compliance testing / audit purpose is strongly preferred
- Excellent command of both spoken and written English and Mandarin Chinese.