This growing insurer within the region is seeking a seasoned compliance professional to join their group compliance function.
This is a key governance role where you will play a critical role for ensuring the ongoing implementation, maintenance and testing of the group’s compliance with all relevant statutory regulations and policies in accordance with the group compliance strategy and framework. This position provides support to audit and risk committees both at a local and group level.
Key responsibilities include:
- Acting as the second line of defense, partner with the business to manage compliance risk within the defined risk appetite, identify activities to monitor compliance risks and report on results to relevant committees.
- Manage compliance projects that relate to major compliance risks such as data privacy, FATCA, AML and distribution risks and work with the country teams to review control procedures when new regulatory requirements arise.
- Provide advice to the business on internal mitigation activities including control effectiveness and training and awareness campaigns.
- Identification of key risk areas, assessment of impact from control breakdowns and advice on remediation and enhancement.
Qualifications & experienced required:
- Over 10 years’ experience in compliance in insurance.
- Relevant tertiary degree(s).
- Experienced in the ongoing monitoring and measurement of the effectiveness of compliance programs including AML and FATCA is mandatory for this role.
- Compliance accreditation from a recognised industry body would be an advantage
- Solid understanding FATCA regulations within financial services, insurance expertise is highly regarded
- Compliance management and leadership experience
- Good understanding of the Insurance regulatory environment and different lines of business.
- Working knowledge of applicable laws and regulations.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills