Reporting directly to the General Counsel the key responsibilities will include:
- Assist in the preparation of Committee and Board reports as required (e.g. Annual Money
- Laundering, Complaints and GDPR Reports, MI for Board reports).
- To provide support and regulatory guidance in relation to new projects and initiatives pursued by the business.
- Build and maintain strong and effective relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Respond to general compliance queries received from the wider business.
- To be point of contact for the business for Financial Crime matters.
- Assist in the development and/or improvement of policies and procedures and processes to
- ensure they are fit for purpose for the business in complying with regulatory requirements.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of the compliance pages of the intranet.
- Assist/undertake monitoring including field monitoring in key risk areas i.e. coverholders and TPAS.
- Assist with the ongoing implementation of the SMCR regime and training system including
- monitoring of staff completion as well as further development of required courses.
- Support the business with satisfying the Lloyd's Minimum Standards and the annual attestation process.
- To draft and assist with regulatory filings to Lloyd's, the PRA and FCA.
- To monitor regulatory requirements in respect of Lloyd's, FCA and PRA and any other applicable regulator on an ongoing basis.
- To assist with the consideration and analysis of new and applicable regulatory rules, codes and guidelines as and when they are published and how they might impact on the business.
- To provide practical support to the Syndicates under management e.g. in relation to delegated underwriting and other compliance related matters as required.
- To provide practical support and guidance in relation to Conduct Risk and MS9 more generally to the Syndicates under management and the consolidation of a managing agent level view.
- To assist with ongoing GDPR work including dealing with DSARs.
- Maintain continuous professional development in applicable field/subjects through relevant
- examinations and training as appropriate.
Skills and experience required:
- Thorough understanding of and experience in the Lloyd's regulatory environment - essential
- Thorough understanding of UK regulatory framework - PRA and FCA
- Good understanding of MGA businesses and their operational requirements
- Good understanding of SMCR
- Strong report production and written skills
- Strong problem-solving skills and analytical approach
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels within the organisation
- Excellent collaboration and partnering skills - a team player
If you are interested in this role, please apply below or contact me for more information.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.