Due to continued growth this speciality FCA regulated insurance broker are seeking an experienced Compliance Manager to working with the business in a 1st line capacity. This role leads the business' 1 Line of Defence, Risk & Compliance function, which manages risk and operational compliance and supports the Senior Management Function role holder(s) discharge their obligations.
The successful candidate will be responsible for a small team and will require strong leadership skills as well as being knowledgeable within insurance broking.
This role carries operational responsibility for ensuring our regulated products and services are sold within the required framework, ensuring that customers are treated fairly throughout the sales process. The role will work closely with the senior management team in an advisory capacity to support business growth and requires an individual who is proactive, hands on and focused on delivery.
We are looking for a true leader who is passionate about delivery of good conduct and fair outcomes for customers. Supported by a strong team you will be responsible for ensuring the business delivers on it's business objectives whilst adhering to compliance frameworks and policies, monitoring conduct and ensuring proportionate controls are in place to manage business risk.
- Act as risk and compliance focal point and responsible for supporting delivery on the Divisional R&C agenda
- Manage a team that helps support the business deliver on its priorities and manage escalation of compliance enquiries/issues both within the business and to the 2LoD in a timely manner
- Drive greater ownership of 1LoD decision making through improving knowledge and expertise and developing the appropriate business tools
- Work with 2LoD to understand the impact of changes in regulation and deliver on required activity driving a responsive and solution driven compliance culture that supports business growth
- Undertake core risk and regulatory activities
Experience and Knowledge required:
- A minimum of 5 years experience undertaking a similar role within an FCA regulated general insurance environment
- Experience of working collaboratively with the 2LoD
- Track record of reviewing regulatory developments and supporting the delivery of regulatory improvements
- Track record of interpreting and applying relevant regulation in a proportionate and appropriate way and discussing/explaining compliance matters in a clear way
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.