Our client, an independent Lloyds broker, are seeking an experienced compliance officer to join their team on a part-time basis - 3 days. This role is offering hybrid working requiring someone who is comfortable to travel into London and be in the office twice a month as a minimum.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Policies and procedures - own the framework, making sure policies are appropriate, signed off each year and read, understood and adhered to by all.
- Oversee regulatory reporting calendar.
- Responsible for risk/control framework reporting
- Oversee underwriter audits (binders)
- Understand both UK and Irish regulatory framework as it applies to Insurance intermediaries; includes future regulations as they are rolled out
- Oversee/prepare regulatory returns
- Conduct file reviews to ensure standards are being met
- Insurer TOBA review/management; own TOBA management
- provide technical advice, guidance and solutions to the business
- periodically deliver training to the business on conduct risk , conflicts and general FCA principle focused compliance
- Assist with wordings
- Day to day ad hoc advice
- At least five years' experience working in an insurance/MGA/insurance broker compliance role.
- Good FCA and London Market knowledge (including binders)
- Expert knowledge of compliance to be able to lead the function for the Group
- Knowledge of Data Protection Act, Money laundering, Client Monies, ICOBS, Complaints, QA, Money Laundering, Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) concepts, Training and Competency frameworks and requirements, Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS);
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organisation
- Good knowledge of the FCA rules is essential
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.