A fantastically broad, commercial and strategically positioned Finance Manager role has just been created at a UK based alternative asset management house, suited to someone coming from a corporate accounting role in the financial services sector. With impressive year on year growth since inception, this firm invests in a wide array of funds and offers a diverse, inclusive, sociable and high performing working culture. Hybrid working is fully embraced, with the expectation you're in the office 3 days a week (Mayfair).
Supporting their newly appointed FD, this role will take the lead on carving out an improved and best in class corporate accounting function, managing one person, with key responsibilities as follows:
- Provide timely and accurate monthly management accounts
- Prepare best-in-class monthly finance reports for divisional / Board level
- Robust reporting of costs and key performance measurements
- Balance sheet substantiation, close monitoring of debtors and accrued income
- Ad hoc financial analysis
Treasury and FP&A
- Prepare a forward-looking cashflow for weekly and monthly reporting; FX management and hedging
- Prepare the annual budget and 3 year forecasts
- Prepare monthly P&L forecasts for business and operating divisions; close liaison with business lines and Head of Departments on expectations
- Variance analysis, cost reporting to budget owners
- Modelling impact of strategic initiatives
Statutory, Tax and Regulatory
- Prepare annual statutory accounts and manage the audit process
- Prepare internal policies and papers as required
- Manage VAT considerations, liaising with external advisers as required
- Complete all FCA filings, liaising with external advisers as required
- Assist the Group in the annual P11D and PSA submissions
- Assist with management of regulatory capital requirements and preparation of ICARA
- Assist with dividend policy
- Review all existing processes, recommending and implementing enhancements where appropriate to ensure that robust processes and control are embedded to allow to move towards an error free environment.
- Prepare a Process Manual, documenting current processes and workflows in collaboration with other teams.
- Support the transformation of the Finance function as it scales-up and professionalises.
- Qualified accountant - ACA, CA, ACCA or equivalent - and likely to be around the 4-5 years PQE mark or similar
- Experience working in a fund manager, private equity firm or other alternative asset manager
- Commercially minded and keen to interpret and tell the story around the numbers
- Adaptable and proactive - willing to be hands-on
- Personable and professional; comfortable talking to and advising internal and external stakeholders
- Strong written, numerical and communication skills
- Systems literate and savvy, especially in Excel
Salary on offer is around £80-85,000 plus benefits and bonus.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.