This is an exciting opportunity to a join this global insurer working in an SME in Financial Crime capacity and leading a small team.
As our UK Financial Crime Manager, you will provide expert-level financial crime knowledge and investigation capability, alongside team management and leadership skills. The role will require someone who has outstanding communication skills and the desire to work across our UK business and at all levels.
You will lead the 2nd line Financial Crime Investigations and Advice Team, managing the team to support our UK businesses to navigate a variety of Financial Crime risks through expert investigations, advice, and guidance.
The role will ideally suit individuals with excellent financial crime knowledge, and a proven ability to apply and communicate complex requirements in a practical and business-sensitive way. The role will require outstanding analytical and investigative skills, coupled with the ability to distil and communicate complex concepts to a variety of audiences, both in writing and orally.
- An excellent understanding of global sanctions regulation as well as wider UK financial crime laws, regulations and supporting guidance, with experience applying them across a variety of product types, ideally including life and general insurance, particularly in the London Market.
- Experience in managing diverse teams, able to prioritise and react to challenging circumstances without compromising on your leadership values
- Experience in managing and maintaining a financial crime risk management framework in a complex environment, to support the business to mitigate the financial crime risks faced and meet regulatory and legal expectations
- Desire to think creatively and use innovation processes to deliver new solutions, encouraging learning from failure and celebrating success
- Ability to communicate complex topics in simple and audience-sensitive ways, both verbally and in writing
- Strong stakeholder management and partnering skills demonstrated across leadership levels and all lines of defence
- Ability to work both independently and in cross-functional teams in completing assigned duties to sometimes tight deadlines, managing priorities and escalating effectively
- You will have effective motivation, conflict resolution, presentation, and project management skills
- You will have a commitment to excellence and continuously develop your own skills, passionately share your knowledge with others, seeking cross-functional improvement with a desire to improve, enhance and grow.
- Minimum of 5 years of practical experience in financial crime roles within an FCA / PRA-regulated financial services firm or regulator
- In-depth advisory and consultative skills, with relevant education and qualifications such as - ICA Financial Crime / Sanctions / AML Diploma or Advanced Certificate or similar
This role is available part-time, job-share or full-time. This is because we want the best people for our roles, and we recognise that sometimes those people aren't available full-time.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.