Newly created Financial Crime opportunity, which will provide supporting and advice on the identification, measurement and management of the firm's Financial Crime risks. You will work as part of an experienced team which is accountable for maintaining the Financial Crime compliance standards and framework, overall management and reporting on the Financial Crime risk profile. The activities of this Function are focused on providing second line of defence activities and a key aspect of this role is to challenge the first line appropriately in order to mitigate compliance risk.
This is a newly created role which will support the Senior Manager, Financial Crime on the Financial Crime risk identification and mitigation activity and include:
- Acting as deputy nominated officer under the Proceeds of Crime Act;
- Updating the Enterprise Wide Financial Crime Risk Assessment at an appropriate frequency using a risk-based methodology and in line with changes in regulations and legislation;
- Maintaining and updating the Financial Crime policies and procedures and risk-based view of controls;
- Developing and delivering Financial Crime training tailored to the requirements of the target audience;
- Providing management information and updates on Financial Crime risk matters as and where required e.g. for operational risk purposes;
- Receiving and analysing internal reports of suspicious activity, and reporting on where necessary;
- Preparing internal and external reports relating to Financial Crime as required
- Advising the first line in relation to its Financial Crime risk mitigation activities.
- Delivering oversight (including supporting appropriate monitoring and assurance testing) to ensure compliance with applicable financial crime legislation.
- Provide support to the Senior Manager, Financial Crime through team management and the provision of technical expertise, advice and guidance, this includes designing and managing the mechanisms for ensuring quality, consistency and speed of advice.
- Provide technical expertise and managerial support in developing and, delivering suitable risk assessments for all six pillars of Financial Crime on an annual basis.
- Maintain all Financial Crime policies, updating when necessary, and delivering review of first line processes and procedures for compliance with those policies. Also managing the process for following up on identified breaches/ waivers/ dispensations associated with the policies.
- Gather and prepare for presentation all Financial Crime management information, as required by the internal and external reporting requirements set by the Executive, the Board and the regulators.
- Provide appropriate financial crime training to staff.
- Acting as deputy nominated officer under the Proceeds of Crime Act, including receiving suspicious activity reports under that Act and suspicious transaction reports under the Market Abuse regime.
- Identify upcoming relevant areas of regulatory or legal change, and how our Financial Crime risk management framework may need to change in response.
- Operate the Financial Crime Risk Committee secretariat
- Manage direct reports to achieve the above.
Experience & Knowledge required
- Prior experience in the dynamics and international players in regulatory and law enforcement, and a similar understanding regarding international insurance business and markets.
- Proven ability of issuing clear and concise guidance and the delivery of effective training presentations.
- The ability to analyse, understand, manage, develop and implement solutions and processes involving complex information.
- The ability to lead project teams of professionals on complex issues and highly effective at building collaborative teams across organisations.
- Existing project management/leadership experience would be an advantage.
- Expertise in all applicable Financial Crime regulations.
- Working knowledge of the principles and practice of insurance and reinsurance business in the UK and around the world, including a sound understanding of legal frameworks, risks and requirements.
- Knowledge and experience in the design, implementation and management of effective risk management frameworks and operating risk control processes
If you are interested in this role, please apply below or contact me for more information.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.