We are delighted to be supporting the hiring of a Fund Accounting Manager position for a relatively new entrant into the funds services market and business that is looking to offer an incredibly flexible working environment. This is an ideal role for someone looking to make the move from an accounting practice into industry, or alternatively from a financial reporting role in commerce or financial services into a client facing role.
This high growth business has only been operating in the UK for a few years but has already grown to a team of nearly 40 focused on providing outsourced fund and corporate services to a range of alternative investment structures across private equity, private debt, credit and real estate. As the business is new and growing there will be plenty of opportunity to come up with ideas and influence how the business grows, gain genuine recognition for your efforts and progress into a more senior role.
Owing to growth they're looking for a Manager level individual to head up a small team dedicated to servicing the fund accounting needs of a highly prestigious private equity client. An ideal role for someone keen to get some exposure to alternative investments!
- Oversee a small team of accountants who prepare all fund accounts for a number of onshore and offshore entities; your role is to manage the deliverables, review accounts and act as the main POC for the client
- Manage the preparation of complex consolidated financial reporting (under IFRS)
- Review wider portfolio financial statements (audited and unaudited)
- Lead the audit process and manage on-going wider stakeholder reporting requirements
- Review client investment documents to identify and meet ongoing reporting obligations
- Ad-hoc reporting and anlaysis to enable decision making
- Review of VAT and corporate tax returns
- Recruit, retain, develop and motivate a team of accountants including planning and resource allocation to meet agreed deliverables
- Project work to drive positive change and improvement to policies and procedures
- Qualified Accountant - ACA, CA, ACCA, CPA qualified
- Experience in a fund accounting role would be fantastic however the wider team is made up of people who joined straight from practice as well as from commerce and industry; experience in funds is not essential and full training will be provided
- IFRS knowledge preferred and again this could be via relevant clients in an accounting firm
- Excellent attention to detail, ability to prioritise and plan effectively, adopting a logical and methodical approach in order to meet tight deadlines
- Comfortable talking to clients and being externally facing
- Leader and motivator of a professional team; prior people management experience desired
- Encourages and supports others to give their best; understands how different people are motivated and acts accordingly
Salary on offer is £60-70,000 base plus benefits and bonus.
Please note the company is based in Hampshire in a major commuter town that can be easily accessed from SW London, Winchester, Southampton, Andover, Farnborough, Bracknell, Guildford, Newbury or Reading. Their preference is for people to be in the office 1-2 days per week offering the ability work remotely for at least half the week.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.