This boutique is a young, hungry and passionate business of 20 or so people looking to hire an experienced fund financial controller to oversee the day to day operations of the firm's recently raised fund. Of course the fund administration is outsourced - why wouldn't you - and their focus is on keeping the genuine value-add in-house.
This role will be varied to say the least and incredibly hands on, front office facing and with lots of opportunity to take on ad hoc bits and pieces, supporting a dynamic and experienced CFO.
Responsibilities will include:
- Production of the funds' monthly shadow NAV and investor reports
- Review of the administrator's quarterly financial statements and board packs
- Review of the annual audited accounts and ownership of the audit process
- Maintenance of fund models and the calculation of fund performance metrics
- Liaising with external fund administrators, bankers, tax advisers and other services providers as required
- Cash flow forecasting, liquidity and treasury management
- Assisting with queries from existing and potential investors
- Project work to improve processes from a efficiency and robustness prospective and to help the Finance function scale in line with the growth in the firm
Your background is likely to be:
- Qualified Accountant with around 4 to 5 years PQE or equivalent and with a background in fund accounting for alternatives and closed-end structures like private equity or private debt; either in-house or at a funds service provider
- A strong interest in asset management and private debt, with an inquisitive attitude
- Highly detail-orientated
- Flexible and intelligent approach to working with competing deadlines
- Hands on, no nonsense attitude
Salary on offer is around £80-90,000 base plus benefits and a healthy discretionary bonus.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.